replaced my fan clutch

ghenny440

Original poster
Dec 14, 2011
well my water pump went for the 3rd time in like 9 months so i figured id better check the fan clutch bearings and unfortunately they a slight wobble
so i started callin around friday morning at the zone and advanced the dorman lifetime was 200$, my heart sank and needless to say i was doin alot of cussing
i called world autoparts and he quoted me 169$ better but not what i wanna pay so i searched ebay and found one for 109$ free shipping:undecided:
but IF it ever goes out do i wanna deal with that whole ordeal of shipping, so i call back world auto parts and tell him about it on ebay, he looks it up and says he cant do it for 109$ but he can get it for alot better than 169$ well he ended up coming back and says he has a dorman in stock and he can do it for 137.99$ plus tax,:yikes: so i told him to hold it id be there after i get off work!:wootwoot:

i know i know if there aint no pics it didnt happen so hear ya go :biggrin:

2012-03-23174017.jpg

2012-03-23173948.jpg

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
always love a good deal.... but then there is always the pain of installing :crackup:

ghenny440

Original poster
Dec 14, 2011
True but atleast it was an easy job, only thing that gave me a problem was the plug of all things
Pins wouldnt line up so i pulled it and plugged it in outta the truck to find the pins wre slightly
angled backwards not allowing it to plug in, bent them forward a bit and viola plugged right in
slapped it back together and it never sounded better

ghenny440

Original poster
Dec 14, 2011
Matt TheHammer said:
I'm still trying to figure out the "brake samich" joke.

Lmfao me to, me and juan read that like 3 times a piece, only thing we could figure is that its referring to the pads sandwiching the rotor, anywho they put stupid jokes like that on all reciepts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spellman1989

Members Online