Reduced Engine Power Light-Help

WebRoad Runner

Original poster
Oct 14, 2012
Got a 2005 EXT Trailblazer with a 4.2 engine and 122,000 miles. Never had a problem with it I drove thursday not on friday. when i got in it saturday the reduced engine power light came on and it won't go over 15mph. I spent all night researching the problem - towed it to AutoZone today to get the code - the code that came up was P0122-definition throttle/petal position sensor/switch "A" circuit-aalow input. Don't have any more time to research the problem on my way to work - I don't remember seeing that code. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
REP comes with typically four possible causes - bad fan clutch, bad throttle body position sensors, bad accel pedal position sensors, or chafed/intermittent wiring in the harness that connects the ground and 5V reference signals from the PCM to those three items. Your code implicates the accel pedal assembly or its wiring. Delco replacements are reported to work without fail, but some aftermarket pedal assemblies have been reported to have compatibility problems. Inspect the wiring under the dash, and swap the pedal if they all look good.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evenson1

Members Online