Rear Hatch glass issue?????

kwolfe

Original poster
Jan 17, 2012
When driving around my back hatch glass will pop open for no reason, it doesn't happen all the time, twice a week maybe. No specific time when it does this, it has happened at cruising speed on the highway and going less then 10 MPH on a side street, both no bumps.

Is this happening to anyone else?

I recently replaced the glass, same thing happened to old glass as well.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
First I'd make sure when you close the glass that it actually latches. Mine sometimes will look like it closed and latched, but pulling on the handle shows otherwise. I've made it a habit to close the glass and give the handle a tug to make sure it latched.

If that isn't the issue, then I'd check the latch mechanism. Make sure it is lubricated properly. Does the glass pop when you barely push the release, or do you have to push that button all the way?

CaptainXL

Dec 4, 2011
There is a ton of discussion regarding a possible recall or bulletin from GM regarding this issue with certain model 2002 and 2003 EXT/XL models.I would suggest getting an Alldatadiy subscription and lookup the applicable TSB.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Well there you go. Didn't realize there was a TSB for that.

jtesi8

Mar 20, 2013
This just happened to me yesterday morning for the first time. I was on the highway coming home from Atlantic City hungover, and it just popped open and the interior lights cam on. Scared me cuz I was half out of it, continued to drive home and then shut it lol.

{tpc}

Jan 22, 2014
Ours does this as well. Sorry to bump an old thread but made more sense than a completely new thread.

Anyone have a possible fix for this?

Edit: Nevermind, I found the fix on the sitethatshallremainnameless, applied it, now just have to see if it happens again.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph5432

Members Online