NEED HELP Rear coil springs

MPB

Original poster
Feb 26, 2023
New York
I have a 06 trailblazer LT and Recently I bought a rear pair of Moog coil springs from rock auto Model 81049.

For the life of me I can’t figure out which end goes on top, if I put the smaller round end on the bottom the rubber insulator does not fit tightly on top and can move side to side a bit, if I put the insulator on the small side on top it fits tightly but I’m afraid the larger opening on the bottom will slide all around too much in the bump that it rests in.

The original ones I took out the insulator fits snuggly on top in the large hole and the other end with the small loop fits perfectly around the frame bump that it sits in. Any thoughts which side goes on top would be highly appreciated.

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
A Different Brand... But the End Shapes of the Coil Springs should be the same:

Also... an Email to the Tech Support at Moog Automotive or a check of their Support at this Site might offer more Product Installation Assistance:

Last edited:

MPB

Original poster
Feb 26, 2023
New York
A Different Brand... But the End Shapes of the Coil Springs should be the same:

Also... an Email to the Tech Support at Moog Automotive or a check of their Support at this Site might offer more Product Installation Assistance:

I watched that same TRQ video on YouTube, on his the large opening for the top the rubber insulator fit tightly, on my large opening the rubber insulator still can move side to side, I think his springs are probably TRQ brand, I ended up putting the large opening at the top also, I don’t think the rubber grommet will move around up there with the weight on it even though the rubber didn’t fit tight into the large opening before it was mounted, also I did send a message to Moog support but they’re closed for the holidays, I ended up putting the large opening at the top and the small opening at the bottom and everything seems to be fine while I’m driving it, no shifting or funny sounds. Thanks for the response I appreciate it

Reactions: Redbeard and mrrsm

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaywebb25

Members Online