Rear Climate Control Panel

24drod

Original poster
Member
Sep 14, 2012
4
Hello,
I am a new member here and I hope this is the proper place to ask for help.
My 2006 Trailblazer Ext's rear climate control panel does not function at all when you put the front control switch to "R" position.Other than that the numbers 1, 2, and 3 settings work. I had the chance to read some articles concerning thiss as a common problem. Is there any way that I can get advice about whatand where to check and what might be causing this problem? By the way I checked the orange wire inside and about 12v was my reading. Also im suspecting its a faulty control panel....Thanks!!!

p.s. I have a 4.2l engine and the a/c is manual
 

24drod

Original poster
Member
Sep 14, 2012
4
Well I guess its either nobody got my point or nobody knows the solution to the problem I'm having? I just hope I would get a reply from anybody who can relate to thiss problem.
 

Denali n DOO

Member
May 22, 2012
5,596
24drod said:
Well I guess its either nobody got my point or nobody knows the solution to the problem I'm having? I just hope I would get a reply from anybody who can relate to thiss problem.

Welcome to GMTNation! I can't offer any advice but I'm sure someone will chime in soon.
 

24drod

Original poster
Member
Sep 14, 2012
4
Denali n DOO said:
Welcome to GMTNation! I can't offer any advice but I'm sure someone will chime in soon.

Thanks!! I know I made the right choice for being here...
 

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Member
Nov 19, 2011
9,957
Portland, OR
Sorry for the delay, but I've been busy in real life. At least HERE, in contrast to trailvoy where we all USED to hang out, you have a prayer of getting a qualified answer. I'm not the only one with shop manuals, but there is also a thread here with links to non-GM manuals and schematics. You should start downloading those just to have them.

Glad to hear you have a meter, though. Too many folks come in and attempt DIY electrical troubleshooting without a meter. That's like trying to fix house plumbing with a garden hoe.

Anyway, is your issue ONLY the rear blower speed control? Does the rear control module work for controlling the airflow mode and temperature? If not, your problem could be a dead module, or a bad ground on pin B1, black wire. Or flaky wiring from the front switch to the rear module.

When you have the front switch on 1, 2, 3, does the "driver override" lamp come on in the rear?
 

24drod

Original poster
Member
Sep 14, 2012
4
the roadie said:
Sorry for the delay, but I've been busy in real life. At least HERE, in contrast to trailvoy where we all USED to hang out, you have a prayer of getting a qualified answer. I'm not the only one with shop manuals, but there is also a thread here with links to non-GM manuals and schematics. You should start downloading those just to have them.

Glad to hear you have a meter, though. Too many folks come in and attempt DIY electrical troubleshooting without a meter. That's like trying to fix house plumbing with a garden hoe.

Anyway, is your issue ONLY the rear blower speed control? Does the rear control module work for controlling the airflow mode and temperature? If not, your problem could be a dead module, or a bad ground on pin B1, black wire. Or flaky wiring from the front switch to the rear module.

When you have the front switch on 1, 2, 3, does the "driver override" lamp come on in the rear?

Sorry too, I've been tinkering with it the whole day. Seems like I found the culprit. Found out that the potentiometer that controls the fan speed had a cracked board, and the worst part was you can't solder it together so I had to get a regular 10k pot from an electronic store thats the same size, took out the bad one and put the new one in and " viola" now it runs. Probably got broken coz my daughter used to make that a footrest when she was 4. One thing I noticed though is that it does not get as cold as when you control it from the front instead putting it in the "R" position. Or maybe its just me but I'm glad that I still got some response from you guys. Keep up the good work thanks again, I'll be around now and then to try and help out.....
 

Forum Statistics

Threads
23,324
Posts
637,941
Members
18,530
Latest member
cahenke