Rear Brake Line Part #

tahawus84

Original poster
Mar 12, 2014
Hello,
Just came over from the other site where I have been for the last 8 yrs (on and off) nice site here? Anyway does anyone know the part number for the steel brake line that goes from the abs module to the back brakes? Mine had a hole and I repaired it but would like to replace with a new line. Thanks

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
tahawus84 said:
Hello,
Just came over from the other site where I have been for the last 8 yrs (on and off) nice site here? Anyway does anyone know the part number for the steel brake line that goes from the abs module to the back brakes? Mine had a hole and I repaired it but would like to replace with a new line. Thanks

Welcome!

It would be very helpful to know what kind of vehicle you have. Can you fill out the vehicle information in your profile? I really can't dig any further until I know.

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
It's cool. I can find part numbers for the lines running down toward the ABS module, and the flex hoses to each wheel, and the line that runs across the rear axle, but nothing for the actual line that just runs front-to-back. While I'm sure there probably is a part number that includes all the bends and turns, I'm curious as to if an appropriate length of the right-diameter line could be purchased, bent (properly!!!!) to the needed design and installed.

tahawus84

Original poster
Mar 12, 2014
Thanks for your help. I was going to try to bend it myself but the concern I had was where it comes off the ABS module it makes a sharp 180 degree turn and it is pretty tight. I might try it though. Thanks Again!

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
tahawus84 said:
Thanks for your help. I was going to try to bend it myself but the concern I had was where it comes off the ABS module it makes a sharp 180 degree turn and it is pretty tight. I might try it though. Thanks Again!

With a proper bending tool it wouldn't be terribly by hard. By hand may be tricky, and I'm not sure whether or not it's "recommended." There's also that spot about halfway back where it swerves around something lol.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brianhvac

Members Online