RAINIER OWNERS what have you put in the "eyebrow" above headlight?

jeffro312

Original poster
Oct 4, 2012
East Haven,Ct
So i own a buick rainier. and noticed there is a space above headlights that orignally came with 2 yellow bulbs on each side.

Curious what you all have changed yours too???

Post your Pics

jeffro312

Original poster
Oct 4, 2012
East Haven,Ct
u7yve9ab.jpg
e9udy2y7.jpg

I added some color changing leds they change red blue green orange yellow etc. They are cheap and blow out a lot but look cool. When they alternate red n blue and I'm on highway some tards move like I'm the popo.

Soon want to get some HID's and make the fogs and these "eyebrows" come on for the DRL's

ssmedt

Dec 8, 2011
I choose to keep the eyebrows and interior as regular bulbs besause with mr cashmere interior and exterior i think it looks better but I have hid lows/ fogs (formally had highs but ballasts went bad and never replaced them) has LEDs in the cornering, tag and reverse lights

jeffro312

Original poster
Oct 4, 2012
East Haven,Ct
ssmedt said:
I choose to keep the eyebrows and interior as regular bulbs besause with mr cashmere interior and exterior i think it looks better but I have hid lows/ fogs (formally had highs but ballasts went bad and never replaced them) has LEDs in the cornering, tag and reverse lights

Any pics? Also where did you get hids I'm looking to get some same with leds

Wooluf1952

Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
I added some color changing leds they change red blue green orange yellow etc. They are cheap and blow out a lot but look cool. When they alternate red n blue and I'm on highway some tards move like I'm the popo.

Soon want to get some HID's and make the fogs and these "eyebrows" come on for the DRL's[/QUOTE]

FYI: If those "tards" happen to be real popo, you could be arrested for impersonating a police officer. BIG fine and possible jail time. :twocents:

jeffro312

Original poster
Oct 4, 2012
East Haven,Ct
Wooluf1952 said:

Soon want to get some HID's and make the fogs and these "eyebrows" come on for the DRL's

FYI: If those "tards" happen to be real popo, you could be arrested for impersonating a police officer. BIG fine and possible jail time. :twocents:[/QUOTE]

Well the police do not say anything and there are 4 bulbs all changing colors at different rates so they aren't red and blue too often. Also they aren't real bright when headlights are on. I've been behind a lot of police and state troopers they don't bother me haha

ssmedt

Dec 8, 2011
jeffro312 said:
Any pics? Also where did you get hids I'm looking to get some same with leds

I have a ton of pics just I am on my I pad right now and it is really hard to get on my photobucket account what are you looking for? I will try to pull out my laptop this weekend.

There was 2 or 3 of us on the OS with modded rainiers probably what ever you want to do cosmetically one of us has done. Just let me know and I would be happy to give suggestions

For hids go with ddmtuning great product with lifetime warrantee

FYI the official color of your rainier is cashmere metallic not sand beige metallic

Kevin

lovesrugers

Jan 25, 2012
You may want to check your state laws. In Washington state it is illegal to have a blue light anywhere on your vehicle. Also any type of flashing white light is also illegal. I am pretty sure you won't be bringing the Rainer to visit the real Rainer anytime soon but beware if you do you can be pulled over for you lights here.

Jerry

jeffro312

Original poster
Oct 4, 2012
East Haven,Ct
lovesrugers said:
You may want to check your state laws. In Washington state it is illegal to have a blue light anywhere on your vehicle. Also any type of flashing white light is also illegal. I am pretty sure you won't be bringing the Rainer to visit the real Rainer anytime soon but beware if you do you can be pulled over for you lights here.

Jerry

Thanks. I'm pretty sure its not legal just saying cops don't break my balls about it had em for a year now been behind plenty of police and they don't bother

ssmedt

Dec 8, 2011
jeffro312 said:
Thanks. I'm pretty sure its not legal just saying cops don't break my balls about it had em for a year now been behind plenty of police and they don't bother

It would still be a good idea to check your state laws, you could be behind 100 cops with no problem but it only takes 1 officer to really get you in trouble. It's your option if the risk is worth the look :twocents:

02Olds

Dec 29, 2012
I had LED light bars running above my "eyebrows" and pulled the harnesses out of the yellow lights for about 2 days... then I got pulled over by a state trooper who told me that I had to have yellow lights on the front in NYS, so I asked him if I could get out a moment, popped my hood, re-attached the harnesses, pulled the LED lights where I had them spliced in, which was the fuse box attached to my fogs so they turned on with my fogs, and he thought it was hilarious that I fixed it right then and there, so he let me go. I think I'm going to tint my eyebrow when I plasti-dip my grill, rims, and chrome on the running boards. I edited a picture so it should look like this when it's done.

EDIT: I can't stand chrome, so I like the look of the black more.

View attachment 25632

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-12-19 at 9.35.36 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2012-12-19 at 9.35.36 AM.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 15

agon3279

Jan 1, 2013
Put white leds in the top. 8k fog lamps. But, I'm going to get 6k for fogs

Attachments

• 2013-01-01_18-44-32_617.jpg
    2013-01-01_18-44-32_617.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 15
  • 2013-01-01_18-43-35_980.jpg
    2013-01-01_18-43-35_980.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 10
  • 2013-01-01_18-43-08_104.jpg
    2013-01-01_18-43-08_104.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 7

jeffro312

Original poster
Oct 4, 2012
East Haven,Ct
agon3279 said:
Put white leds in the top. 8k fog lamps. But, I'm going to get 6k for fogs

Hey man where did u get the LEDs?? And what kind of fog bulbs u get. They look good bluish. But do u get get amount of light output with them???

agon3279

Jan 1, 2013
jeffro312 said:
Hey man where did u get the LEDs?? And what kind of fog bulbs u get. They look good bluish. But do u get get amount of light output with them???
Well i got the 912 leds from here: 194 LED Bulb - 15 SMD LED Wedge Base Tower | Miniature Wedge Base LEDs | LED Car Bulbs | Super Bright LEDs
and the hid bulbs in the fogs are from ebay. Called xentec. The kit is pretty cheap and well worth the money. I want to get 6k bc the 8k does not put out enough light. My filament headlights over power them.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online

No members online now.