Radio help.....

03luvvoy

Original poster
Apr 26, 2012
I have a problem with my wife radio no it's not in a TB or voy but it's in a Equinox an 05 ok what's going on is that one day she called me and said that her soeakers were burnin (or sounded like it) so she got home and I listened to it and it has a definite crackle sound in the speakers I don't remember if the music still played cause she had the radio all the way down and the crackle was rather loud so I shut off the radio... Nothing changed even with the key off bust still sitting in it I had to pull the fuse to get in to stop. So I think it is something simple but just where exactly to look at and possibly what it is... Ground wire? But where?? Anyone have any idea?

Thanks in advance
Shane

Black LT

Dec 4, 2011
I think it's more than just a ground wire - especially since it does it even with the radio off and keys out.

Stock system? If not - first guess would be the aftermarket adapter gone bad.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Most likely the head unit is bad, whether it's an aftermarket or OEM. Aftermarket adapters manage the power going to the head unit, but unless there's also a remote Bose amp bypass, the speaker wires wouldn't be touched.

Another good experiment would be to see if the noise happens on all or just one source input - AM, FM, CD.

But when you say the head unit doesn't shut off and shut up even when turned off, that's a good clue.

03luvvoy

Original poster
Apr 26, 2012
Sorry for takin a while to reply but the head unit works as its supposed to but we just get the crackling sound that comes out of the speaker and pulling the fuse was the only way to get the noise to stop even when the radio was off it still made the sound

wedge1

Apr 29, 2013
This thread is over 6 years old, but my 05 TB EXT is having similar behaviors. How did this turn out? My system is completely stock. Where is the fuse?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluecorp

Members Online