Quoted items not showing up correctly in Tapatalk

JRTAHOE

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
I've noticed this for a while, thought I was a Tapatalk issue but now I'm not sure. When I view GMT Nation with tapatalk on my iPhone, any quoted items don't show up like they used to.

4b5bf45e-2b00-2039.jpg

Whenever I'm on the SS Owners site, quoted text shows up correctly like it used to on this site.

4b5bf45e-2b36-418d.jpg

So like I said, not sure if it's a Tapatalk issue or site issue or something going on with my phone.

I have a iPhone 4s from Verizon if that helps any.

-Mike

Jman423

Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
I'll look into it.

The only thing I can think of is that maybe Tony is running a slightly older version of Tapatalk, where we are on the most recent version containing this bug.

Either way, I'll get it fixed.

Thanks!

Upvote 0

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
I've noticed the same thing.

I've also noticed that my Tapatalk signature only works from my Zoom and not my Android. Apparently that can be controlled from the server side.

Upvote 0

Jman423

Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
Mark20 said:
I've noticed the same thing.

I've also noticed that my Tapatalk signature only works from my Zoom and not my Android. Apparently that can be controlled from the server side.

Yeah, that is a bug too. I am supposed to be able to override the signatures if I want, but that doesn't work on some devices. It will block it on phones, but I notice it doesn't work for tablets in some cases, including my own Xoom.

Upvote 0

Jman423

Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
07 TB RIDER said:
I've noticed this for a while, thought I was a Tapatalk issue but now I'm not sure. When I view GMT Nation with tapatalk on my iPhone, any quoted items don't show up like they used to.

4b5bf45e-2b00-2039.jpg

Whenever I'm on the SS Owners site, quoted text shows up correctly like it used to on this site.

4b5bf45e-2b36-418d.jpg

So like I said, not sure if it's a Tapatalk issue or site issue or something going on with my phone.

I have a iPhone 4s from Verizon if that helps any.

-Mike

FIXED!!

Upvote 0

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
So you are blocking Tapatalk signatures?

Upvote 0

Jman423

Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
I don't feel it is necessary to have those signatures displayed. No one really cares who has what phone, this is a truck forum.

So yes, you should NOT be seeing Tapatalk signatures. Some users that haven't updated their apps, and others that just haven't bad their app's cache cleared properly are blamed for overriding the setting for this site.

Upvote 0

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
I see your point. But on the flip side it can help explain a poorly phrased post especially if you've fat fingered those lovable onscreen keyboards.

Upvote 0

Jman423

Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
Mark20 said:
I see your point. But on the flip side it can help explain a poorly phrased post especially if you've fat fingered those lovable onscreen keyboards.

As a FFS victim, I see that point as well. But, it only takes an extra second to read over your post before hitting submit... the flip side is that we have a annoying signatures cluttering up the database unnecessarily.

Upvote 0

JRTAHOE

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Upvote 0

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Mark20 said:
... it can help explain a poorly phrased post ...
The explanation is less interesting than the post, which should speak for itself and be accurate to save everybody time if a technical question is involved. :thumbsup:

Except in the post whore threads, where I don't lurk much. Fat finger all you want there. :wink:

Upvote 0

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
Oh no the Tapatalk ban hammer :eek:

Upvote 0

JRTAHOE

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Jman423 said:
^^^ Banned from my Xoom via Tapatalk

:hahano:

I was expecting this from the roadie. Well played Jimmy :rotfl:

Upvote 0

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
Thanks for fixing it Jimmy. :thumbsup: This is the only site I use Tapatalk for, so I didn't realize that the quote box should work properly. :rotfl: :squint:

Upvote 0

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.