Question about removing front bumper cover???

craabe

Original poster
Jan 12, 2012
I was curious if anyone has removed the front bumper cover and not had a aftermarket bumper to put on it. i want more clearence but cant afford the new steel plated bumper i want yet. i was thinking about taking the front bumper off and putting a bull bar on it and a winch. Just not sure how the stock steel bumper looks. if anyone has pics that would be great. thanks.:smile:

JRTAHOE

Nov 20, 2011
This is what it looks like underneath

6210d3f5-c6b9-8fa5.jpg

craabe

Original poster
Jan 12, 2012

Attachments

• bumpermod.jpg
    bumpermod.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 12

jham

Nov 20, 2011
The one thing to worry about it the transmission cooler being totally unprotected with out the cover on just my 2 cents I would look into the radiator skid from Mr Barton will protect alot!!!!

Shdwdrgn

Dec 4, 2011
There's just not really a whole lot of 'bumper' there, is there? After driving a '74 Pontiac, its really hard to imagine how that little strip of metal qualifies as a safety device.

So... along the lines of the original title, are there any suggestions for actually *removing* the bumper cover? After my recent tussle with a tree (the tree lost), several of the mounting points on my cover are broken off, but the most I could seem to manage was pulling the cover back about 6 inches on one side or the other (maybe it's still pinned in the center?) and I'll need to get it completely removed here soon so I can get final measurements for mounting my new bumper to the frame.

craabe

Original poster
Jan 12, 2012
Thanks everyone for the input. I think this weekend i will be taking it off and will prolly end up cleaning up the stock steel bumper till i can save for a plated one. Thanks.:thumbsup:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Adungyyy

Members Online