Project - Rear Air Bags

x0duke0x

Original poster
Feb 17, 2014
back story - I have my Voy Lowered... 1.5 Front / 3 Rear. using Lowered Springs. I got the stance I wanted, it's been 2 years, and not I want to add some dynamics to my suspension. I want to raise it when I want without having to switch out different size springs. Sooo.. My project right now is installing the AirRide Wireless Air System. I will be able to use a remote to raise the height of my ride. I am using some TBSS air bags in the rear. The front.. I'll talk about that later.. hint.. KBEEs.
So.. I did the install today, or at least mount the components of the air system and run the air lines.

The Problem - The TBSS Rear Air bags have a hose fitting of 1/8 diameter, the Air System as a Hose system of 1/4 diameter. I know the fix is some type of fitting that will allow me to connect 1/4 on one end and 1/8 on the other... But I could find anything at all the hardware/auto stores.

What is the proper setup to connect two hoses that are the different sizes? I would would love to find a quick connect that has 1/4 & 1/8, but if not, then I need find out what I need. I know I can't just by the plastic Vacuum lines... lol Stil cracks me up that a PepBoys guy said to use that.. haha anyhoo.. I will post pics of how I mounted everything. Thanks everyone!

Reactions: Mounce

x0duke0x

Original poster
Feb 17, 2014
Here are some pics of the hose issue and the mounted hardware.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 35
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 34
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 34
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 32
Reactions: Mounce

x0duke0x

Original poster
Feb 17, 2014
Thanks Jimmy! I been looking for this answer and I should finish now that I ordered this little guy! :wooot:

x0duke0x

Original poster
Feb 17, 2014
Ok, Another Question.
I want to add in a way I can get air into this system if ever the compressor wigged out. So I am adding in a T between the Air Manifold and the Air bags. The T will connect the Air Bags - Manifold - A line that runs to the rear area that houses a Schrader Valve. I want to get it looking nice, so here is what I need.
I need of course the 1/4 that will connect to a Schrader Valve. But I want it in a way that it looks like it's screwed into the interior like the current setup most of you have.
So here is a picture of the existing air system of how it looks in the back. I don't need to mount a button in the back, just 2 Schrader Valve's. One for the Driver/Passenger Sides. So if someone can help me understand what I need to mount this stuff, that would be great. I am still learning about these ends and so thanks again.

Attachments

• rearair.jpg
    rearair.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 25

x0duke0x

Original poster
Feb 17, 2014
So I grabbed the barb reduce couplers that chummy had talked about... And they do not fit the hose (too big).
The 1/8 barb side fits the 1/4, the 1/8 hose does not fit anything. I called up the company and they said everything else is too small. I don't know if I need to do something different to connect the hoses to the barb.
I just want this system to work already, but turns out I need to figure another way out. I was looking on YouTube and a guy said that the Arontt Bags have a fitting bigger then the OE... But that's the last option, I just need Something to connect these two hoses... Maybe a quick connect coupler for 1/4 to 1/8? Any anyone could shed light, that would be great thanks all.

x0duke0x

Original poster
Feb 17, 2014
Dear diary,
So reading more into the hose delimma, I found out the oem hose is a 5/32 not a 1/8.
The 1/4 OD hose will need a fitting a few 1/32 or 1/16 smaller then the big 1/4.
This barb will allow me to connect my 1/4 & 5/32.
Now I needa find a plastic shop that makes this, I found one but imma be around Phoenix area to get my sunroof installed, so hopefully while there I'll find a hose shop that has my needs. Wish me luck! Oh and I need to run a 1/4 line to get my schraeder values in place.

x0duke0x

Original poster
Feb 17, 2014
I will have them controlled independently. But I will take samples of the hoses to a hose and fitting shop to get the right one, thanks again.

NORCAL SS

Dec 4, 2011
x0duke0x said:
back story - I have my Voy Lowered... 1.5 Front / 3 Rear. using Lowered Springs. I got the stance I wanted, it's been 2 years, and not I want to add some dynamics to my suspension. I want to raise it when I want without having to switch out different size springs. Sooo.. My project right now is installing the AirRide Wireless Air System. I will be able to use a remote to raise the height of my ride. I am using some TBSS air bags in the rear. The front.. I'll talk about that later.. hint.. KBEEs.
So.. I did the install today, or at least mount the components of the air system and run the air lines.

The Problem - The TBSS Rear Air bags have a hose fitting of 1/8 diameter, the Air System as a Hose system of 1/4 diameter. I know the fix is some type of fitting that will allow me to connect 1/4 on one end and 1/8 on the other... But I could find anything at all the hardware/auto stores.

What is the proper setup to connect two hoses that are the different sizes? I would would love to find a quick connect that has 1/4 & 1/8, but if not, then I need find out what I need. I know I can't just by the plastic Vacuum lines... lol Stil cracks me up that a PepBoys guy said to use that.. haha anyhoo.. I will post pics of how I mounted everything. Thanks everyone!

please look here
http://www.tbssowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25320

x0duke0x

Original poster
Feb 17, 2014
NorCal Tiur awesome! I ran my lines and have everything linked in. The issue I have now is that I have some inconsistencies with the air pressure to height ratio. Sometimes 50psi will look like 40psi and sometimes 51psi looks like 60psi... Other times 60psi looks like 55psi.... Yah... I don't have any air leaks, everything went together properly... Did you ever have these issues?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kraymates

Members Online

No members online now.