price on pm service

signalnc

Original poster
Dec 28, 2012
Just got my 2003 ext LT 4X4 back from the shop. I had them change all fluids except oil because it wasn't due. Shop rate $65 an hour. I would have like to have done all the work myself, but I have more than a full time job, a wife, 2 kids and I'm a HS wrestling coach. So time was a factor. Total bill was $572. I'm sure I could have done it myself for less than $200, but it needed to be done asap, so for me it was a small price to pay for peace of mind.

transmission service with filter 1.2 hours
transfer case 1 hour
front and rear differential 1.4 hours
coolant change 1 hour
fuel filter .3 hours

05EnvoyXL

Dec 27, 2012
How many miles do you have on your TrailBlazer? thats not a bad price if you as me for all that work done. Im in the same boat as you...time is a huge factor and can never free up to get anything done LOL

NewfieEnvoy

Jan 25, 2012
That's not bad, they seem like regular bill out rates, probably didn't take the mechanic that long but that's how billable hours work. A good mechanic can work an 8hr day and bill for 12-14hrs of labor. However, on your back in your driveway it probably would have taken longer. I'm the same way, I love to work on the truck but how much is my time worth? I can have the truck fixed while I'm at work, then I can have my Saturday free to spend with family. I do more reading here than fixing, but that keeps me well informed to discuss the issues with my mechanic.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gdub2306

Members Online