power steering issue

Mirror

Original poster
Jan 27, 2014
Ever since i had my alignment done, my tb has been acting strange while driving. It feels like the front driver tire randomly slips as if it hits ice. Roads are dry. I held my steering wheel perfectly straight and i felt the vehicle pulling left and right then push hard to the right. It felt like the power steering was pulling me around. Today when doing the same thing, my steering wheel would actually twist hard but not far, almost like the driver side tire was catching a different terrain then the passenger side. These are both on pavement.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I would get the alignment rechecked as it sounds like it's off kilter. Did they change anything in the camber or caster? I know mine was squirrelly after I replaced the A-arm bushings and the camber was way off.

Reactions: Wooluf1952

Mirror

Original poster
Jan 27, 2014
No they didnt change anythung. I however, installed a new 4x4 disconnect and two new front axels.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I would still take it back and show them.

Wooluf1952

Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
That also sounds like the symptoms of bad tie rod ends. But they would have to be pretty incompetent to do an alignment with bad tie rod ends.
Is there any squealing noise from the tire when that happen?

Mirror

Original poster
Jan 27, 2014
No but it might be a bad caluper to. Since i do smell a burning brake smell once in awhile to. Tie rods they claimed were bad but we tested them and they were fine.

Mirror

Original poster
Jan 27, 2014
Last night while driving from the city to out in the country on all hwy, my driver tire tends to pull the most when it hits minor bumps only. But not just a bit.

blautens

Jan 2, 2013
I vote for tie rods. Sounds like a familiar wiggle to me.

I had the local Goodyear try to align my TBSS for 2 days. Came back worse than before, they have no idea why.

I found out when I put it on my friend's lift and we looked at it - driver's side inner tie rod barely hanging on and virtually every bushing is a textbook example of what bad bushings look like if you spend a minute to look at them. Took us 2 or 3 minutes to see that it could/should not be aligned.

I have snagged the training video for some big dollar alignment racks. The Publix grocery bagging training video I watched in 1984 was about the same in length and complexity.

Trust no one. Well, almost no one. Also, I'm going to start doing my own alignments.

Reactions: Mounce

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fhendsbee

Members Online