Power Steering Cooler Bypass

Up And Down

Original poster
Oct 25, 2012
The little leak I has yesterday turned into a mess today. I ordered the Dorman replacement cooler online but it won't be here until the middle of next week. The question I have is about temporarily bypassing the cooler. Does anyone know what size inside diameter the hoses are? I am hoping to get either a plastic elbow or a hard brake line that I will try and bend into a U, but I need to know the size. A plastic elbow might put too much angle on the hoses, I'm not sure. I hope someone here has done this and can tell me the right size because I have to do this right after work so I can make it home. Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
I believe it is 3/8". Mine is bypassed with a double ended barb and pair of hose clamps.

Up And Down

Original poster
Oct 25, 2012
Thanks sparky. A regular straight? I wasn't sure the hoses had enough room to use a 90, never mind a straight. Are the original squeeze type hose clamps being used? Thanks for the info once again.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
I have worm clamps on mine. A straight seems to work fine as that's what the previous guy installed.

Up And Down

Original poster
Oct 25, 2012
Thanks Sparky. Is it secured off to anything? Any chance you could post a quick cell phone pic? I need to get the right parts to get this fine after work so I can make it home. Once again, your help is appreciated.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Yeah I'll see if I can grab one in a bit when my coworker is back off lunch and can cover in case the phone rings. Never fails, leave the room for a minute and someone calls!

*edit* crappy pic but hopefully helps a little... It is tucked up in there pretty good and hard to get a picture of. There are two worm clamps on one side but that isn't really necessary. Previous guy did that. When I replaced the line on the left (return to the pump, just used 3/8" rubber fuel line the whole way) I used that "high pressure" clamp but that was also overkill.

Attachments

• 20140905_131113.jpg
    20140905_131113.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 26

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moscoreli

Members Online

No members online now.