Power steering and brakes issue. Now truck won't start, either.

JoeK

Original poster
Mar 22, 2013
Good morning everyone-

I have a 2005 XL SLT and this morning my wife was driving the Envoy to work and the following things happened:
* She lost the power steering
* She lost the power brakes at the same time
* Engine stayed on

She was very close to an Auto Zone so (with a struggle) pulled the truck in to that parking lot, turned the engine off, and gave me a call. When I got to the Auto Zone, the truck would not start again. It would turn over, but not start. The battery still has juice, though.

The serpentine belt is fine and still on. My wife does not believe than any dash board lights had lit up when the brakes and steering went. Since we were at Auto Zone, we had one of their guys hook the truck up to look for codes, but the only code that came up was P0032 (oxygen senor). Every so often, my check engine light comes on for a little while, but it always goes back off, so I am assuming that is because of the O2 sensor.

Any thoughts on what could cause the steering and brakes to go out while the engine was running, and then for the truck to not be able to start afterward?

I appreciate any input! For now, the truck is just sitting in the Auto Zone parking lot! Thank you.

JoeK

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fhendsbee

Members Online