power seat swap questions

jrthomas05

Original poster
Aug 20, 2012
currently i have non power cloth seats what would it take to install power heated seats?

TexazReece

Dec 4, 2011
I know for sure the master switch and passenger switch with the heated seats buttons as for the seats. You might just need those and the correct wiring. Hope that's all you'll need if not someone who has done this before will chime in good luck bud.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
The designers wanted to make the upgrade as hard as possible, so you need the seats, the memory module that sits under the driver's seat, the driver's window switch assembly, some wiring, and then you need to pay a dealer to configure the BCM to control it all. If the truck wasn't built at the factory with the option, they didn't want it installed later.

That said, you can install a power seat and use just the local movement control on the side of the seat with a minor amount of wiring that has been discussed in some threads here and on trailvoy. And the heaters can also be controlled manually. Takes some electrical experience, since it's not plug and play.

jrthomas05

Original poster
Aug 20, 2012
I was also going to see about adding tps system sometime would pcm4less be able to add options with the tune or is it dealer only

rmsg0040

Dec 10, 2011
Power easy, not so much for heat and memory.

I just did power, could care less for heat

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cunra731

Members Online