Possible CAD issue

BrianF

Original poster
Jul 24, 2013
West central Sask.
Alright, my 2006 Trailblazer, 4,2L with 240,000km on the clock developed a possible CAD issue. I noticed recently my mileage is down. 12-13L/100km to 14.6. Was in 2wd and noticed some crow hop. I tested the transfer case and found the A4wd and 4x4 works. The slip/bang locks in as it should and the transfer case locks in when in high. The crow hop intensifies in high.

I am just planning a strategy to check the if the CAD is stuck locked in before I tear the thing down and inspect. My spatial relations is off on leave so I am trying to work it through in my head.

TIA

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
CAD? Do you mean the front disconnect?

BrianF

Original poster
Jul 24, 2013
West central Sask.
Yes, thanks for the reminder. They call it a CAD on the HD Ram trucks.

Well just after I parked the thing at home, I had to zip back to town and it must of unhooked as it turns on a dime and as smooth as it should.

I know it's a sealed system but I wonder if I have a massive buildup of snow and other crap causing issues. My old 1500 would throw random 4x4 codes when it was bogged down with snow, ice or mud.

We have some warm weather approaching this week so it should thaw out some and I was planning to rip it off and grease it sooner or later as it has about 80,000km since its last tear down.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
If it hasn't been touched before, at that mileage, it wouldn't surprise me if it's getting hung up, especially with the crap grease they put in it. That stuff congeals more than bacon grease.

Reactions: BrianF

BrianF

Original poster
Jul 24, 2013
West central Sask.
She was done at 164,000 but you never know. This week is supposed to melt, so I will take a look at it and the surrounding area. I don't want to rip into it just yet as I am already down one vehicle...

Reactions: Mooseman

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brianhvac

Members Online