• Yes(Unless something comes up)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • We shall see as the time gets closer

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

Cable810

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
Thinking on doing another meet in a year or two. The only stipulation is I want 5 or more people to attend(for offroading). If there are under 5 able to attend I will not proceed with this meet. This is just a poll to see how many can come. I know things will change between now and the time of the meet so I understand and thats the point of this poll and I understand money might be tight for most of you.

I invite everyone within 8-10hrs of Mackinaw City, Michigan.

I will release more info as time goes on. As I have do some internet digging

Cable810

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
After much reading and thinking I thought it would be cool to do a trip to the U P. The local Jeepers around here go to the U P once maybe twice a year and go wheeling. Plus there is a Yearly Jeep Jaborie that happens yearly and the trails/route is closed to the Public during that time. The trail/route they go to is Drummond Island. Which I'm thinking on doing.

With meeting in Mackinaw(seeing that I-75 goes right by Mackinaw) we have to cross the Mighty Mac(Mackinway Bridge) then take the Ferry to the Island it will be the easyest for everyone coming. There is a Toll Fee for crossing the Bridge and a Ferry Fee. Both are a small amount, probally under 35 bucks. YOU will NEED a ORV sticker to be able to acess the trails. No there is no Gaurd at all the entrences to the trails but It is Required by the DNR to have a ORV sticker to use ANY Trails/Routes up here.

The terrian on Drummond Island varies from Rocks to Mud and anything inbetween. Do a YouTube search on Drummond Island and watch some of the videos to get an idea of the Terrian as I have NEVER been there. The Rout is about 48-50miles long. So I was just thinking on doing a Day trip. Meet bout 30mins before the Ferry leaves, Hit the trails, stop and have lunch and finish the Ride.

Here is a map a small description on Drummond Island, and a 5 Minute video showing some of the Terrian.
Drummond Island Route Information - VVMapping.com

I really want some Imput on this from y'all and let me know if you voted.

:thumbsup:

Can one of the Mods Change the Title of this thread to Possiable Drummond Island Trip 2013/2014 and remove this sentence after changing the tiltle? THanks!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
33chevyrod

Members Online