Please Help Identify Broken Sensor

Btorres1977GContractor

Original poster
IMG_20240206_140943942.jpg
The broken sensor in question is located down near the bottom drivers side on the engine, quite near knock sensor #1, right next to two sheathed rad hoses.
I just replaced all the coolant system the water pump, therm, coolant sensor etc. and I've looked at hundreds of diagrams trying to find this thing I don't know why I'm having so much trouble so any help would be greatly appreciated
IMG_20240211_175027576.jpg
View of the yellow, broken off, connector, near the naked sensor
IMG_20240130_195403483.jpg
IMG_20240130_195356202.jpg
Another angle that, mostly, shows the other part of the integrated circuit that tore off with break.
The yellow connector looked like this before I unclicked the broken connector housing off of it.

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Welcome to GMT Nation...

It looks like you might have accidentally Snapped off the Air Conditioner Compressor High Side Pressure Sensor-Switch on the Upper Top Rear HI-LO Bolt On R-134A Manifold Lines:

ACHIPRESSURESENSOR.jpg

But Not to Worry... That component relies upon a Schrader Valve nested within the Internal A/C Compressor Port that should close off any escaping R-134A Refrigerant when you begin to quickly unwind the Broken Threaded Portion (with the exposed IC Chip shown in your image)

The New HP A/C Switch should come with a Green Internal "O" Ring from ACDelco (or GPD) that simply Threads in (or in this case... ON) and the Internal Sensor Touch Pad thus presses down on the Internal Schrader Valve Pin and allows the contained High Pressure inside the A/C System access to the New Sensor-Switch.

Just unplug the Broken Piece shown in your Images from the Harness and then plug that Harness Connector back in after you purchase a replacement ACDelco (or GPD) OEM HP A/C Line Sensor and use Care and Caution NOT to use TOO MUCH Torque when Tightening it down. It would NOT hurt to also apply some Nylog "Blue" to the Threads and upon the "O" Ring to ensure a Good Seal on the A/C Compressor side as well:

51sKrvrcGFL._SL1000_.jpg71JQRWGuI1L._SL1500_.jpg

Make certain to clean the adjacent area first around the Old Sensor with Brake-KLEEN and allow it to thoroughly Dry and do likewise with the Harness Connector to avoid allowing any Dirt and Contaminants inside those Fitting Mate Ups, That Should Do It!

Last edited:
Reactions: TJBaker57

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
33chevyrod

Members Online