please advice need tires for slippery boat ramps

Sprung Monkey

Original poster
Oct 12, 2017
Al
this saab to me isn't much of a preformance vehicle compared to my TA WS6 so I'm not interested in preformance tires .

I'm wanting wet type tires for slippery boat ramps.

4 of these look kindof good any suggestions yes decided best to all the same on a AWD.

https://www.discounttiredirect.com/buy-tires/cooper-discoverer-ht-plus/p/27959

amazone has them at $119.each shipped

I actualley had more ?s about the manufactory date but somone closed that thread

? being are tire sellers regulated like when a tire gets close to the expiration date (like on food) they can still sell?

or if it's past the expiration date they can still sell?

or is there only a manufactory date and there isn't a expiration date?

I think this is a grey area but there must be some sort of regulation because if the ambulance chasers found out a tire exploded causeing a serious acident they would make these sellers pay pay.

Last edited:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Ought to do quite well with the siping

Sprung Monkey

Original poster
Oct 12, 2017
Al
second time you mispelled slipping. so the coopers will be a decent economicale wet choice

my friends wife has a trailblazer regular just last weekend at his backyard shop we took off halfway worn out tires still on the wheels. swapped on brand new michelines and a differnt set of wheels.

I joked at first about I would be able to wearout the rest of the tread, he kindof declinced even when I said I'd give a deposit just in case I ruined a rim.

97x has 18" trailblazer regular has 17 however there appears to be enought clearance. mite ask again after I bring a case like I usalley do.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I did not misspell anything. I typed siping and meant exactly that. Siping helps in wet conditions.

You can run the 17 inch wheels without issue.

Reactions: Reprise

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Airing down helps too if it's really bad. All the ramps here are dirt and washed out from powerloading jetskis so it's a little different. Highway treads are generally better with traction on wet pavement...

Sprung Monkey

Original poster
Oct 12, 2017
Al

Sprung Monkey

Original poster
Oct 12, 2017
Al
so you like the https://www.discounttiredirect.com/buy-tires/cooper-discoverer-ht-plus/p/27959

yes airing down all tires now helps a bit. when I cruise the lake the ramps are usalley well keep. when at the Gulf of mexico not so much when mother nature kicks up the ramps get covered w/ sand and she also creates sand bars close to ramp making retrieveale impossiable.

most of the ramps I use aren't smooth the concrete is finished in a ruff type of driveway so this helps w/ traction.

Last edited:

Wooluf1952

Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
AFAIK, it's buyer beware as far as tire dates are concerned.

Sprung Monkey

Original poster
Oct 12, 2017
Al
Discount tire claims to not sell tires over 4 years old. they claim to recycle. I've been buying from them for a long time.

if they send me old 1/2 way rotten tires curious if they will publish negative review about themselves.

now ebay will sell 6 year old tires however they tell you upfront.

wooluf nice huskie does he ever bark

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Never got a bad tire from Discount Tire. I however can ensure you there is no way in hell they would publish a bad review about themselves. They certainly are not that stupid since they have been in business this long.

Ebay does not do anything actually. It is up to the seller and many will not tell you they are 10 year old tires unless you ask and even then they may not .

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moscoreli

Members Online

No members online now.