plasti dip question

psycho91

Original poster
Mar 27, 2012
So I'm plastic dipping my grill and it's not coming out so smooth like I see in pics and videos, IV been using the flashing method of spraying it but what IV been noticing is I may have yo spray it in actual coats to get it to turn out right for me

psycho91

Original poster
Mar 27, 2012
So messed it all up with dark spots, its a bitch to cover everything evenly, and the thin parts don't want to Peel off to well so it looks like I'm in for some fun

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
psycho91 said:
So messed it all up with dark spots, its a bitch to cover everything evenly, and the thin parts don't want to Peel off to well so it looks like I'm in for some fun

just take it to a spray booth and pressure wash the plasti dip off... takes like 5 minutes :thumbsup:

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Plasti dip is prob the easier paint to use...actually the easiest paint to use. make sure to clean the grill off well and even use some anti-bacterial soap to make sure its cleaned well enough. Then use light strokes and have the paint go on evenly across the grill. Just repeat that till you have a good 4-6 coats (makes it easier to peal later on with that many coats) and you should be good from there. Now I am assuming your grill is chrome right? If you want you can always sand the chrome down and then hit it with actual black paint and then clear coat it. Whatever works best for you :thumbsup:

jayd1563

Nov 18, 2011
plati dip ia pretty much fool proof,,ive done my wheels,grill,emblems,and brother inlaws dodge ram wheels....all you gotta do is lay down a light coat,let it sit for 1-2 minutes then hit it with another heavier coat and 2 more..4 coats all together.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online