Plasti Dip + Nice weather + Mod Bug = Awsome

Cable810

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
I had some spare time in my day today,it was nice and I got some PLASTI DIP!!!!

I Plasti Dip'd the LTZ Emblem, the Bowtie, Trailblazer Emblem sides and rear, Door Handles including the rear, and the Chevrolet emblem. And I still have half a Can left!:woohoo: The stuff is pretty impresive, but its seems that it will come off pretty easy especially if it was hit with high water pressure.

P3163872.jpg

P3163871.jpg

P3163870.jpg

P3163862.jpg

P3163867DELETE.jpg

Thoughts???

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
Is that bowtie gold underneath that would be nice :undecided: looks good but could use a tiny contrast

Cable810

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
Are you saying I should have gone a tad lighter on the Bowtie? N yes it is gold

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
Cable810 said:
Are you saying I should have gone a tad lighter on the Bowtie? N yes it is gold

On the side trim if you could go all black and have the gold bowtie exposed I think it would look great.

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
I think everything looks good!! Now if I was you, plasti dip the bottom of that front bumper so that its not a random grey and that way it matches the cross bar! :yes:

With the bowtie it looks nice but what you can do to have it stand out is either color match the bar and keep that bowtie black or you can keep it black and peal some plasti dip around the bowtie where the chrome is so that the chrome shows and outlines the bowtie!

Cable810

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
ItsOnVoy said:
I think everything looks good!! Now if I was you, plasti dip the bottom of that front bumper so that its not a random grey and that way it matches the cross bar! :yes:

I was thinking on doing that, now I might just do it.

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Cable810 said:
I was thinking on doing that, now I might just do it.

Yeah match the front and rear bumper and it will look great man!! You might need another can if you do those though lol also, how many coats did you do? I was told to do a good 4-5 coats unless when you go to peal it, it will come off rough and not last as long with little coats

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
definetly agree with everyone else...

undo the bowties leaving them gold... and do the bottom bumper...

JosueLT

Nov 20, 2011
Sooo......let us know how the stuff holds up after the next time you wash it. :rotfl:

Gonna be jumping on the bandwagon soon. First I've heard an opinion like that, so I'm curious to see/hear the results.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Although this might look better on an all black TB, how about red Plasti Dip for the bowties and the TrailBlazer and other lettering? Might have to use the brush on type for the lettering as masking all that would be a PITA.

YOUNG

Dec 4, 2011
Mooseman said:
Although this might look better on an all black TB, how about red Plasti Dip for the bowties and the TrailBlazer and other lettering? Might have to use the brush on type for the lettering as masking all that would be a PITA.

The good thing about plasti dip is your really dont have to mask it off very much at all. you just peel it and cut it where ever you want.. check the plasti dip guide for wheels. it has a very good video in it.

Cable810

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
Mooseman said:
I like the Black I can't really see a Green TB with red...

JosueLT said:
Sooo......let us know how the stuff holds up after the next time you wash it. :rotfl:

Gonna be jumping on the bandwagon soon. First I've heard an opinion like that, so I'm curious to see/hear the results.

I plan on Washing it today so I will let ya know!

ItsOnVoy said:
Yeah match the front and rear bumper and it will look great man!! You might need another can if you do those though lol also, how many coats did you do? I was told to do a good 4-5 coats unless when you go to peal it, it will come off rough and not last as long with little coats

I only put one on. I just sprayed the areas until they were covered.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Adungyyy

Members Online