Pioneer Avic F900BT IS THIS A GOOD BUY/DEAL????

Shana7711

Original poster
Nov 29, 2012
Here is a link to the craigslist ad: Car Touch Screen GPS CD DVD Player Pioneer IPOD Perfect Condtition
What i want to know is, i am planning on giving the guy $250 plus my OEM envoy rims for the stereo. The stereo has nav/bluetooth built in, works with iphone, and he is including the cord to use with iphone (he says is worth $100). After looking up more of these on Ebay/Amazon, i have found that they are going for $315 - $450. So i am starting to rethink my offer, like maybe $150 plus rims? granted im not sure what all the ones online come with, from the guy i will be getting all the wiring/mic/gps antenna. Im just not sure now what a fair price is, the unit is 2 years old but is suppose to be in perfect condition (working and everything).
Here is crutchfield link: Pioneer AVIC-F900BT Navigation receiver at Crutchfield.com

Any input appreciated, Thanks!

GCTB1289

Mar 19, 2012
Shana7711 said:
Here is a link to the craigslist ad: Car Touch Screen GPS CD DVD Player Pioneer IPOD Perfect Condtition
What i want to know is, i am planning on giving the guy $250 plus my OEM envoy rims for the stereo. The stereo has nav/bluetooth built in, works with iphone, and he is including the cord to use with iphone (he says is worth $100). After looking up more of these on Ebay/Amazon, i have found that they are going for $315 - $450. So i am starting to rethink my offer, like maybe $150 plus rims? granted im not sure what all the ones online come with, from the guy i will be getting all the wiring/mic/gps antenna. Im just not sure now what a fair price is, the unit is 2 years old but is suppose to be in perfect condition (working and everything).
Here is crutchfield link: Pioneer AVIC-F900BT Navigation receiver at Crutchfield.com

Any input appreciated, Thanks!

from my own personal experience i would recommend saving your money up and buying something new. I've gotten bitten in the ass quite a few times for buying used electronics that were claimed to be "perfect" and stopped working a few days later. nothing you can do at that point other then eat the cost. :twocents:

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
You can get nice bluetooth capable headunits for good prices. When I replaced mine I was expecting to pay 500-600 for a decent bluetooth one. I picked up my new head unit which is a Sony, for I want to say $275. It works better than I expected and while it does not have built in NAV (I have a smartphone with Google Maps), It has alot of add on features. One thing I like is that I no matter what device it can control simple features like Pause, Play, next and back via bluetooth or USB, works nice with Pandora on my Bionic. Another nice feature I can play DIVX, or .MP4 movies straight from thumb drive through the USB slot on the head unit, great way vs burning a CD to play movies in the truck.

For $250-$350 you get a nice head unit that has the same features and its new.

Shana7711

Original poster
Nov 29, 2012
problem is that im simply not going to be able to afford a new one with the features i want for at least a couple years, i have 2.5 years left in school and there is no way to justify spending 500-600 dollars on a car stereo, not to mention the extra harnesses i will need to go with it to retain steering wheel controls and chimes and all that. So i feel my best bet is to buy used for now and hope it lasts a couple years.
Anyone know how long touch screen car stereos usually last?

Also i think im better off buying a used stereo that is brand name (pioneer/kenwood/etc) than buying one of the no-name ones with the features that i want

CdnGMan

Nov 22, 2011
Toronto
GCTB1289 said:
from my own personal experience i would recommend saving your money up and buying something new. I've gotten bitten in the ass quite a few times for buying used electronics that were claimed to be "perfect" and stopped working a few days later. nothing you can do at that point other then eat the cost. :twocents:

That's a great point and something that Shana7711 should consider... while handy for having just about everything, Craigslist also has a load of scammers...
There's nothing to say that the "perfect condition" unit won't stop working 5 days after to trade for it - and then what? You won't have any warranty or recourse.

IMO you'd be better off saving your money than possibly throwing it & your rims away. :twocents:

The choice is yours however... :coffee:

Shana7711

Original poster
Nov 29, 2012
Just talked to the guy selling it, there is 6mos left on the bestbuy warranty, and I gotta check to see how much it would b to extend it further. And I just talked to a car audio place and they said that with a brand name it should last a long time, the guy I talked to has had his for 7 years

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cunra731

Members Online