Pinch in the steering column.

Traildust

Original poster
Mar 11, 2014
Has anyone else noticed this? I own a 2007 LS Trailblazer that has 73000 miles on it. At about 45000 miles I started noticing a pinch or mild vibration when turning in the steering column that I have yet to identify. The funny thing is that prior to purchasing this TB, I test drove a used one on the lot that was a 2005 and had 45000 miles on it and I distinctly remember this same pinch feeling while turning in the steering column on that one. That was one of the reason's I wound up buying new. New tires were purchased at 58000 miles. pinch feeling is always there and just had it to the dealer for an oil change and "safety inspection" with no issues whatsoever noticed.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Does it do it with the front end suspended off the ground?

Can't see it being anything but the power steering pump. Have you replaced the fluid (turkey baster drain the reservoir - drive it around for a while - lather, rinse, repeat)?

Reactions: Traildust

Traildust

Original poster
Mar 11, 2014
Traildust said:
Has anyone else noticed this? I own a 2007 LS Trailblazer that has 73000 miles on it. At about 45000 miles I started noticing a pinch or mild vibration when turning in the steering column that I have yet to identify. The funny thing is that prior to purchasing this TB, I test drove a used one on the lot that was a 2005 and had 45000 miles on it and I distinctly remember this same pinch feeling while turning in the steering column on that one. That was one of the reason's I wound up buying new. New tires were purchased at 58000 miles. pinch feeling is always there and just had it to the dealer for an oil change and "safety inspection" with no issues whatsoever noticed.

I will check regarding your 2 suggestions. thank you for your prompt reply.

Traildust

Original poster
Mar 11, 2014
Finally got around to removing and replacing 6 fl oz. of power steering fluid with a synthetic brand that claimed to meet or exceed all OEM specifications. PINCH IS GONE. I plan to drive for another couple of weeks and then remove and replace another 6oz. Thanks Roadie!

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
By pinch, do you mean like it was hard to turn for a second/slight resistance? Or was it just a sound? On my 04 ext sometimes it'll make an odd noise and I can kinda feel it in the steering wheel.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fhendsbee

Members Online