IMGP0730.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 17

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Thanks Ed

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Damn good pix here folks... gonna be tough to vote on just one..

edit: just voted... good luck everyone... :grouphug:

Ryda55555

Apr 11, 2013
Lets keep the voting going!
A good handful of these are really something.... Tough time deciding

VOTED!!!

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
This is going to be a close one. Get your votes in!

Conner299

Jan 16, 2013
There are a couple of things that bother me, about this particular photo contest. The first thing, we've had only 28 members out of approx 3800 vote. GREAT show of support! Second... Even though it would kinda be favoritism, more ORTB members should be voting for our own. It seems a good number of ORTB members are not members here. Why not? Third.."WHO TOOK THE BEST PIC (WITH THIS TOPIC): In the most extreme way possible." Maybe the wording is ambiguous. Maybe not. Hardtrailz's pic was taken, to me, the most extreme way. Outdoors, during the fall season, and from the trail-side. The rest.. Half assembled vehicles, mostly, with their pic taken from the comfort of a garage... That just seems wrong to me.

Hypnotoad

Dec 5, 2011
Conner299 said:
There are a couple of things that bother me, about this particular photo contest. The first thing, we've had only 28 members out of approx 3800 vote. GREAT show of support! Second... Even though it would kinda be favoritism, more ORTB members should be voting for our own. It seems a good number of ORTB members are not members here. Why not? Third.."WHO TOOK THE BEST PIC (WITH THIS TOPIC): In the most extreme way possible." Maybe the wording is ambiguous. Maybe not. Hardtrailz's pic was taken, to me, the most extreme way. Outdoors, during the fall season, and from the trail-side. The rest.. Half assembled vehicles, mostly, with their pic taken from the comfort of a garage... That just seems wrong to me.

Whoa dude.

Settle down, it's just for fun.

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
Just replying to pass the time.

First, input has always been low %wise. It is still fun for those who partake.

Second, I'm not an ORTB member but, I believe a lot of those guys are hardcore gearhead 4x4 junkies. Not saying anyone here is not, but they don't take to all the noob questions and post whoring kindly over there. A different breed? Not a big deal to me.

Finally, I believe this contest originally called for "your GMT being worked on in the most extreme way". Correct me if I am wrong. So, no offense traliz!, that would leave the pic of hardtrailz (although technically still being "worked on") an EXTREME recovery since no part is actually being repaired/removed AT THE TIME OF THE SHOT. No?

I love these contests and knew I had no chance this time. Waiting for STLSS to get back into it!

Roadie could've submitted a pic of his ingeniously rigged busted tierod while off road! Pretty extreme making a repair like that.

fr34kout

Jan 6, 2012
The way I intended the topic was just to see vehicles being worked on in a crazy way. It's up to the members to decide what that means to them. I agree that Hardtrailz was probably in the worst situation, but at the same time it doesn't show his truck being worked on it shows a problem with his truck that needed to be fixed. If the picture included him laying in the mud pit with a wrench, my vote probably would of went to him. But the way I interpreted my own topic was that Gotair's truck was being worked on in the most extreme way possible (completely stripped down, frame not even in the picture, bare cabin on jack stands) because he was bagging and body dropping his truck.

To me, that is working on a truck in an extreme way, and it shows the progress of the work that was done. When I first thought of the topic, I thought that my picture might get some exposure, but when I saw other peoples pictures I realized that I would really enjoy this topic, and that I hadn't done nearly the crazy work that other people have done. Eutech with his dash off, Boricua with his cab separated from the frame, etc are all great pictures. Honestly I was having a hard time deciding between Gotair, Boricua, Eutech, and Hardtrailz, but in the end my vote went to Gotair because I thought that seeing a bare cab up on jack stands was just ridiculous and a crazy way to work on your truck. I'm not saying you're wrong and that Hardtrailz picture wasn't good, I wasn't even thinking about something like that when I first decided on the topic. I broken tierod isn't that crazy, but the location where it broke makes it a crazy situation. But to me removing the frame from your cab and stripping the whole thing down to cut and reweld sheet metal? That's insane, and so that's where my vote went. It all comes down to how the people vote.

fr34kout

Jan 6, 2012
Congrats Patrick! Great pics guys, tried to pick a topic that I knew I wouldn't win haha but thanks for the 2 people that voted for me. Wonder what the next one's going to be :biggrin:

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Another close one and great topic fr34kout :thumbsup: Its nice to see a change. Looking forward to #22.

Congrats GotAir!

Ryda55555

Apr 11, 2013
One hellofa contest,
Honestly i wasnt too fond of the topic at first but it ended up being really cool looking at all the bodys lifted off the frames
Congrats gotair!
And i really like how people still entered for the love of the contest even though they (including myself) knew we didn't have a chance lol :biggrin:
Hope gotair has a good topic in store for us!
Just a suggestion but maybe steer away from the "photo" topic and do a best 10 second vid clip of their GMT hahaha that way we can see another clip of conekilrautoX's turbo :rotfl:
Either way really looking forward to the next one

fr34kout

Jan 6, 2012
Maybe a pic of your truck doing a burnout or something haha. I can only spin when the road is wet, too much weight over the axle :rotfl:

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Hmmm.. I could grab a few friends and have them record me launching at the track :undecided: lol...

GotAir?

Jan 7, 2012
Thanx everyone!!!!! I hope u will like the next topic ;-) it should bring out everyones "creativity" =)

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
GotAir? said:
Thanx everyone!!!!! I hope u will like the next topic ;-) it should bring out everyones "creativity" =)

I like the new topic, its going to be interesting. Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with. :thumbsup:

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
ConeKilrAutoX said:
That was a fun one can't wait for the next topic! those were definitely some torn apart gmt360s! :thumbsup: nice work

Cosigned, this one was really cool.:yes:

Ryda55555 said:
And i really like how people still entered for the love of the contest even though they (including myself) knew we didn't have a chance lol :biggrin:

Yeah that was cool. I knew I couldn't hang with the guys who entered before me but this was one that I could enter.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kraymates