Performance Upgrades

08AvySkillz

Original poster
Jan 21, 2012
Looking to see what people have done as far as performance upgrades. List em Here, give the details!

Irishboy02

Apr 1, 2012
Installed Volant Poweflow intake. HUGE difference. I also have the 5.3l vortec but on my 03.

BEFORE:
IMG_6741.jpg

IMG_9621.jpg

IMG_8919.jpg

AFTER:
IMG_5573.jpg

IMG_1258.jpg

I opted for the Volant over the other companies for a few reasons. I like the idea of having the sealed box. Theyr box restricts the engine bay heat, but also has three cutouts on the side of the box. One going out to the fender (this is the same as the factory inlet). Second goes forward which basically draws the air from behind the headlight. Third, there is a 2.5-3" hole in the bottom of the box that draws air in from under the truck. They sell a kit that mounts to this as a ram air setup, i opted against that. Being a pickup, i might have times where i might see a little bit of water and i wouldn't want the worries of hydro-locking (again). Above all, it installs really clean and looks great under the hood.

Nakashige

Dec 3, 2011
Just Picked up a Duramax lb7 Has Banks Cold Air with Under bumper scoop, Banks 4in Turbo Back Exhaust, Banks WasteGate, Banks IQ with ECO

Black_tb

Dec 6, 2011
most ppl go with pcmforless usually the best bang for your buck

00brado

Jun 6, 2012
6.0L LQ9
K&N CAI
pacesetter headers
magnaflow free flowing cat's y pipe
magnaflow cat back duel tip
trans go stage 2 shift kit
PACT billit servo
gmc 12' yukon denali 20" chrome wheels
bridgestone duler HL 275/60/20 meat
in desperate need of a tune.

Irishboy02

Apr 1, 2012
00brado said:
6.0L LQ9
K&N CAI
pacesetter headers
magnaflow free flowing cat's y pipe
magnaflow cat back duel tip
trans go stage 2 shift kit
PACT billit servo
gmc 12' yukon denali 20" chrome wheels
bridgestone duler HL 275/60/20 meat
in desperate need of a tune.

Do you have a product number for the magnaflow cat setup your running? Sounds like the only thing your missing is a blackbear tune to finish things off!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online