Pearl Powdercoated Rear Suspension

GotAir?

Original poster
Jan 7, 2012
I'm doin some undercarriage work this winter, and gettin rid of the some of the old painted stuff that has seen better days. My powdercoater said he could do a pearl powdercoat that would be damn close to the paint color. I don't have a pic of em on the truck yet, but heres a before and after pic (the bottom one is a cell phone pic so color is a little light now that i look at it on my computer).

Before :
14scidv.jpg

After :
2gsgzmf.jpg

GotAir?

Original poster
Jan 7, 2012
smitty5150 said:
Looks good! Wondering how close the color is to the actual body?

Its lighter and a little less yellow than the actual paint, we went thru about 1000 different colors and used the closest one to my paint. Its not perfect but its better than the paint peeling off and the bare metal starting to rust.

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
GotAir? said:
Its lighter and a little less yellow than the actual paint, we went thru about 1000 different colors and used the closest one to my paint. Its not perfect but its better than the paint peeling off and the bare metal starting to rust.

Another option would be a nice contrasting color, but I'm sure it looks much better.

GotAir?

Original poster
Jan 7, 2012
Short Bus said:
Another option would be a nice contrasting color, but I'm sure it looks much better.

I was gonna use silver or black to match the frame, but i kinda wanted it to stand out, plus i plan on gettin the truck painted next year so im sure ill prolly change it all again, lol

bagdvoy

Nov 19, 2011
Looks much better then the rusted paint lol!

Glad this thing is finaly getting some TLC :wootwoot:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online