P4L Tune ? ?

Yacdogg

Original poster
Apr 27, 2012
Well on my last thread, I asked about CAI, and basically think I'm going to stay stock with that. so I am going to get the EFans and a tune, what should I ask for the tune ? I have a Gibson cat-back exhaust, getting the efans, I don't tow much (maybe once a year, probably not even that, and it would be 1000lbs or less), I have the stock 17" rims and plan on staying with those. I would like more HP and more MPG (99% of the time i'm under 2000rpm, but more HP would be nice :smile: )

Also, I had a 05 impala before I got my TB, I did a custom Fenderwell CAI, can we do a fenderwell cai with the I6 ?

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Yacdogg said:
Well on my last thread, I asked about CAI, and basically think I'm going to stay stock with that. so I am going to get the EFans and a tune, what should I ask for the tune ? I have a Gibson cat-back exhaust, getting the efans, I don't tow much (maybe once a year, probably not even that, and it would be 1000lbs or less), I have the stock 17" rims and plan on staying with those. I would like more HP and more MPG (99% of the time i'm under 2000rpm, but more HP would be nice :smile: )

Also, I had a 05 impala before I got my TB, I did a custom Fenderwell CAI, can we do a fenderwell cai with the I6 ?

:confused: So wait, are you going to stay stock with your intake, or are you going to go fenderwell? :crazy:

It's possible, you just have to ditch your windshield washer tank, cut a hole below where the tank was, and run some pipe down into the fenderwell area.

Yacdogg

Original poster
Apr 27, 2012
Blckshdw said:
:confused: So wait, are you going to stay stock with your intake, or are you going to go fenderwell? :crazy:

It's possible, you just have to ditch your windshield washer tank, cut a hole below where the tank was, and run some pipe down into the fenderwell area.
I don't know, is there a how-to someone to do a fenderwell intake ?

ScarabEpic22

Nov 20, 2011
Look at all the guys doing FWI on TBSS/5.3L trucks, same principle just have to route the pipe differently where it connects to the throttle body. You either have to cut and patch the stock washer tank or remove it and use a smaller one in order to run a FWI. I'm going to try cutting and patching a spare one for my FWI (thats sitting in a box in my garage, killing me!).

Yacdogg

Original poster
Apr 27, 2012
Ok, I think i'm just going to stay with stock (going to get AFE replacement filter though), now about the tune, what should I ask for ?

Lima Tango

Dec 4, 2011
Yacdogg said:
Ok, I think i'm just going to stay with stock (going to get AFE replacement filter though), now about the tune, what should I ask for ?

They are really helpful so engage with them, I asked all sorts of questions before submitting the order. I went with shift level 2 but wish I hadn't, should have done level 1. 2 is a touch jerkier of a shift than I like. The towing question relates to the amount of torque management they remove - even if you say no towing they still leave something like 20% and they told me occasional towing wouldn't be an issue. I kept it at 87 octane, left most options as the default. there are parts where you can put in the specific exhaust or intake brand you have, so you'll put in any non-stock equipment and they'll work with it. They'll also remove the efans code if you're doing that.

Note, they might do a labor day sale in a couple weeks so you may want to hold off to save $50.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online