p1345 code intermittent

jimtrailblazer

Original poster
Jan 20, 2013
I have an 02 trailblazer and the CEL will sometimes be sometimes be off ,well i ran it down to auto zone and it showed a po1345 code which said cam sensor or crank sensor ,and i believe he said it cam sensor b? after looking at some youtube vids i seen mayo3 vid on the cam sensor...
but what i noticed was near the cam shaft sensor there is another sensor close to it which looks round with a connector on it, i took that connector off and i noticed there was oil in it ,so i know that cant be good .what is it? and could that be my issue for the check engine light?
i did a quick vid of the part i am talking about

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyy_5l6KKhc&feature=youtu.be

jimtrailblazer

Original poster
Jan 20, 2013
jimtrailblazer said:
I have an 02 trailblazer and the CEL will sometimes be sometimes be off ,well i ran it down to auto zone and it showed a po1345 code which said cam sensor or crank sensor ,and i believe he said it cam sensor b? after looking at some youtube vids i seen mayo3 vid on the cam sensor...
but what i noticed was near the cam shaft sensor there is another sensor close to it which looks round with a connector on it, i took that connector off and i noticed there was oil in it ,so i know that cant be good .what is it? and could that be my issue for the check engine light?
i did a quick vid of the part i am talking about

IMG 0177 - YouTube

cpas
ok found a thread that gave some good info on the part i was talking about CPAS ,common problem i see..

Rubberman

Dec 14, 2011
i think the P01345 is the code on vehicles before 2004 and P0014/16 there and after. I just ordered one this morning.

jimtrailblazer

Original poster
Jan 20, 2013
Rubberman said:
i think the P01345 is the code on vehicles before 2004 and P0014/16 there and after. I just ordered one this morning.

yeah i seen different codes and i was wondering about that, but yeah i think your right

my check engine only pops up around inspecting time Grrrr

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
jimtrailblazer said:
my check engine only pops up around inspecting time Grrrr
That's a well-known example of the Law of Maximum Annoyance of Semi-Intelligent Systems

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danbrennan