P0463 Code

New Envoy

Original poster
Oct 20, 2012
Hi everyone,

Drove the Envoy last night, everything was fine. Started it this morning, started to leave and the CEL came on, and the DIC said reduced engine power. Had to make a run but just stayed in town, only went about 10 miles. The only thing I really noticed was the fuel gauge kept dropping to empty. I had just filled up last night.
Got home this morning checked the codes, and got a P0463. Is there any known issues with this? I don't want to have to drop the fuel tank to change the pump if it's something more simple.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
That code is for the level sender unit, but you have to drop the tank to do that job anyway. Unless the fuel pump is also flaky, I don't see any relationship between a level sender issue and your other symptom of REP. Were there any pending codes other than the P0463? How many miles, and has there been any other maintenance lately? When you had the REP light on, did you really have REP and have to baby it to go anywhere?

New Envoy

Original poster
Oct 20, 2012
Ok, After some digging and talking to the girlfriend, she is actually the one that was driving. It is NOT the REP light. It IS the CEL. But yes, it drives fine, with no reduced power. It still just seems odd that the sender would go out. From my experences, thats not a common part to go out. Yes, it does go out, just not common. Was kinda looking for a common "wear" part, or something more common.

Smoe more digging, just got gas last night! Going out to have a look at the gas cap now. And no, no other maintence done recently.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Our experience here is that the sender has a HUGE failure rate and GM just sent a letter offering to pay for half on certain vehicles. I thought 2006 was in that covered period. Call your local dealer and give them your VIN.

New Envoy

Original poster
Oct 20, 2012
Nice, we just got a letter on something about the door sills getting water under them? Or something like that. Didnt get one on this though. Will call them now. Thanks Roadie!

EDIT: Just called the dealer. They found the "special bulletin." Total cost will be about $170 for me. And they can have it done in about two hours.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishermandude