P0054 code

blackout51

Original poster
Oct 18, 2012
So just a month or two ago I got a code for a heated o2 sensor and changed it out (Bosch) for an acdelco sensor which made the code to away but now I got this new code, any ideas what it could be? And also it is a double code too, not sure why

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
The AC Delco sensor is either bad or the wiring from the PCM to the sensor's heater. A high end scan tool or GM Tech II may be needed to read the exact heater current the PCM is seeing, unless you want to shotgun another sensor.

Lots of good info at this thread on the OS that I participated in: p0054 code - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

blackout51

Original poster
Oct 18, 2012
the roadie said:
The AC Delco sensor is either bad or the wiring from the PCM to the sensor's heater. A high end scan tool or GM Tech II may be needed to read the exact heater current the PCM is seeing, unless you want to shotgun another sensor.

Lots of good info at this thread on the OS that I participated in: p0054 code - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

I really didn't want to have to go to the dealership but I guess if I have to..but if it is the wiring how do I even correct that? I mean wouldn't the fact that it didn't light up immediately after the new sensor was installed lead away from the wiring?

blackout51

Original poster
Oct 18, 2012
the roadie said:

Could it be my lower plug which is a Bosch that isn't working right causing that code?

blackout51

Original poster
Oct 18, 2012
the roadie said:
I don't have that code in my 2004 shop manual, but both sensors should be AC Delco, yes. I thought you said they were? How did a Bosch sneak in there, anyway? :crazy:

Well I replaced both originals with Bosch then a few months ago I replaced the upstream Bosch with ac delco but left the downstream Bosch

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
I get it. And you weren't a member yet to get the word how the Bosch have this issue. They make great sensors, but the PCM heater specs are tight (on purpose I think) to "encourage" people to use AC Delco brand.

blackout51

Original poster
Oct 18, 2012
the roadie said:
I get it. And you weren't a member yet to get the word how the Bosch have this issue. They make great sensors, but the PCM heater specs are tight (on purpose I think) to "encourage" people to use AC Delco brand.

Oh I see, well that's dumb...so you think swapping for a new ac delco will fix my cel?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishermandude

Members Online