SOLVED! P0013 engine turn off

Mramses

Original poster
Jul 19, 2020
Greetings friends I wanted to upload this case, one of the many that has been presented in my Trailblazer 2002 vortec 4.2, it turned off while rolling and after scanning with tech2win and the vcxnano, it threw fault p0013 ... I checked solenoid resistance and the measurement gave 18 ohm and when connecting between its terminals (with test leads) you hear a "click" of its drive. I checked the integrity of the wiring from the pcm pin 62 and 39 on C2 to the solenoid connector and everything was fine. then check the low reference with a multimeter and the hi signal from the other terminal of the connector, turning the switch to run generates 12 v in the solenoid connector. I did all this and still the failure p0013 continued ... replace the pcm and it still had the code p0013. He decides to disassemble the solenoid, and upon inspection I found a lot of oil mud in the area where the filters go, I proceeded to clean with fuel and reinstalled everything again. when testing and scanning again I no longer had the code.
I hope it helps or serves to guide another friend of the GMTnation.
Today I presented another problem but it was low pressure and gasoline flow due to obstruction of the suction filter of the fuel pump module, I lowered the tank, removed the fuel pump module and did a pump flow test with the filter without cleaning and then with the filter cleaned, the difference was very noticeable

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Good job on figuring out the issue with the CPAS (Camshaft Position Actuator Solenoid). It is the cause of this code if the screens on it get clogged. However, also inspect inside the electrical connector for any oil. If there is oil inside the connector, it is failing and will need to be replaced.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mynamesjeff

Members Online