Options for installing Sirius in 2007 Trailblazer

GeoGoGo

Original poster
Dec 29, 2015
Upstate NY
Hi Everyone,

I am looking to find out what my options are for putting Sirius into a 2007 Trailblazer. I have the plug and play kit in my other car but I wanted to find out if there was something that was more integrated. I really didn't want to put in another dash mounted unit.

Thanks, Everyone! Have a great day and thank you for the time!

Nashcat

Oct 11, 2015
Middle TN
Do you have XM on your factory radio? If so, you can use your existing XM antenna and there are several threads about taping into the XM feed to get the audio to your factory radio instead of using the Sirius FM transmitters.

Nashcat

Reactions: Jrgunn5150

GeoGoGo

Original poster
Dec 29, 2015
Upstate NY
I haven't purchased my TB yet. Still searching but figured I would get all my research has in order. I didn't realize there was a stock XM equipped radio.

Can that head unit be swapped into a TB that does not have it already? Any part numbers I should look for?

Jrgunn5150

Dec 18, 2014
Ionia Michigan
I haven't purchased my TB yet. Still searching but figured I would get all my research has in order. I didn't realize there was a stock XM equipped radio.

Can that head unit be swapped into a TB that does not have it already? Any part numbers I should look for?

I'm no expert, but I do know GM dealer's can unlock radios for you to swap, it's like a 75 dollar fee.

My Trailblazer is an 06 LT FWIW.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
If the radio has a band button, it might have xm, or it can be installed.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lightk318

Members Online