OPINION: Do you carry your spare tire everywhere?

NewfieEnvoy

Jan 25, 2012
Mines in place. The fact I can't use fix a flat with the pressure sensors says its gonna stay in place.

Q: Does the stock spare have a pressure sensor?

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
NewfieEnvoy said:
Mines in place. The fact I can't use fix a flat with the pressure sensors says its gonna stay in place.

Q: Does the stock spare have a pressure sensor?

There is some fix a flat that is sensor safe. Not that I have to worry about it.

ScarabEpic22

Nov 20, 2011
A: I do not believe so, if you look at the valve stem its a generic rubber one plus I couldnt connect it to my SS when I tried syncing it (for kicks).

I carry my spare everywhere with me, the 02 has a factory 16" rim as a spare, but a stock size tire so it wouldnt be good for long-term use. SS has the factory 17" steelie tucked up under it, highly doubt its going anywhere. And man was I glad to have it when I spun out and bashed the crap out of my rim. 15-20F weather and not being able to drive would have sucked, fortunately I was at school at the time, but still I didnt want to leave my SS on the street. They arent pretty, but sometimes function takes precedence over form.

rmsg0040

Dec 10, 2011
I tried to lower the spare a while back, didnt work, so I remove it completely. I carry a tire patch kit, small 12V air compressor, bottle jack, jack stand, etc. I have no worries except if I blow a tire.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MEHMET ONUR

Members Online