One touch up/down windows

jtesi8

Mar 20, 2013
i have never seen that but would be interested to know if it works in our trucks.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
I don't see it working. Our switches are not wired directly to window motor power, but are built into the electronic control module. You can't just splice into them.

Besides, auto-up is a high risk for kids and especially dogs who can choke themselves after stepping on the switches.

northcreek

Original poster
Jan 15, 2012
WNY
the roadie said:
I don't see it working. Our switches are not wired directly to window motor power, but are built into the electronic control module. You can't just splice into them.

Besides, auto-up is a high risk for kids and especially dogs who can choke themselves after stepping on the switches.

Thanks Roadie, It looked like it might be a little too simplistic for a modern day application.
On the express up feature, as I mentioned it is installed OEM on my Malibu and it really is nice going through tolls and the drive-thru. No casualties as of yet.

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
the roadie said:

That was my concern too. Though I would like the auto down for the Silverado's front passenger window. Only the driver's side has that feature.

Robbabob

Dec 10, 2012
The only express up I've seen is when you have to put your finger under the lever/button and pull it up. Maybe there were earlier types before the first accidents....

redleg6

Apr 10, 2012
i'd only look into this for the driver's door...you brought up a good point about kiddos and doggies

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
I love how these threads turn into opinions. So here's mine. I wouldn't want one touch up because of the kids. One car that I had that had the one touch up on the drivers side one time caught the sun visor and wrecked it. Even some sunroofs have a mid point that requires you to hold it or repress.

fishsticks

Nov 21, 2011
northcreek said:
Thanks Roadie, It looked like it might be a little too simplistic for a modern day application.
On the express up feature, as I mentioned it is installed OEM on my Malibu and it really is nice going through tolls and the drive-thru. No casualties as of yet.

The OEM express up's have a pressure sensor built into the window motor that will roll the window back down if it detects too much resistance.

DAlastDON

Apr 6, 2014
Kentucky
I already miss the one touch up/down from my previous car. 2007 nissan maxima. It came with one touch up/down for both front windows. The window motors were also controlled by the body control unit(BCU). The window switches sent different voltages to the BCU for each command to be sent to the window motor. By simply replacing the non-one touch up/down switch's with a one touch up/down switch. I was able to have one touch up/down on all four windows. The exterior physical dementions and pin layout between the two switches was identical. Not sure if it would work in the envoy. Definately worth looking into to have one touch down on all four windows if the switches are the same in the drivers master window switch for the front and rear like the maxima it might work.

I gotta take the door panel off soon to fix the exterior key lock anyway. It turns but its not connected to anything. The rod between the the key lock and latch likely came loose. Ordered some nylon prying untensals so i dont scratch or mar anything up. Ill look at the switches when i take it apart. See if i can swap the front switches to the rear in the master switch and see if the one town down works on the rear windows. Even if it works, i will still miss the one touch up the most.

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
DAlastDON said:
I already miss the one touch up/down from my previous car. 2007 nissan maxima. It came with one touch up/down for both front windows. The window motors were also controlled by the body control unit(BCU). The window switches sent different voltages to the BCU for each command to be sent to the window motor. By simply replacing the non-one touch up/down switch's with a one touch up/down switch. I was able to have one touch up/down on all four windows. The exterior physical dementions and pin layout between the two switches was identical. Not sure if it would work in the envoy. Definately worth looking into to have one touch down on all four windows if the switches are the same in the drivers master window switch for the front and rear like the maxima it might work.

I gotta take the door panel off soon to fix the exterior key lock anyway. It turns but its not connected to anything. The rod between the the key lock and latch likely came loose. Ordered some nylon prying untensals so i dont scratch or mar anything up. Ill look at the switches when i take it apart. See if i can swap the front switches to the rear in the master switch and see if the one town down works on the rear windows. Even if it works, i will still miss the one touch up the most.
Swapping switches will not work. Driver door module only controls its own window right there on-the-spot. Everything else is relayed through the circuit board, through the serial data line either to the passenger door module or to the BCM. There is no measurement of voltages, and it's highly doubtful different manufacturers utilizing different intra-module communication systems will make stuff that plays nice with each other.

The auto-down feature detects an increase in load in order to shut the regulator off. It's likely that such a feature was not also built-in for auto-up, and it's non-existent for the rear windows. This is also controlled WITHIN the control module's circuitry.

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
The Jetta has express up on all windows and I despise it. there was some debris in the track that had settled on the grease, and it took about 8 attempts the get the window to stay up. Cleaned the tracks over and over again with no help. The pressure also have a mind of their own. Sometimes like the debris incident they are sensitive, other times not so much. I leaned into the car to get something and the fiance pulled the switch and it kept going.

I do like the feature in here car, that if you put the key in the door lock and turn it and hold, all the windows will roll down until you release the key. The same goes for the lock side, hold it and all the windows will close.

Hypnotoad

Dec 5, 2011
blazinlow89 said:
The Jetta has express up on all windows and I despise it. there was some debris in the track that had settled on the grease, and it took about 8 attempts the get the window to stay up. Cleaned the tracks over and over again with no help. The pressure also have a mind of their own. Sometimes like the debris incident they are sensitive, other times not so much. I leaned into the car to get something and the fiance pulled the switch and it kept going.

I do like the feature in here car, that if you put the key in the door lock and turn it and hold, all the windows will roll down until you release the key. The same goes for the lock side, hold it and all the windows will close.
I love the express up feature on my Passat. Different strokes for different folks.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bobby2175

Members Online