One of my kid's initials are GMC...

Ixolib

Original poster
Aug 18, 2013
Hello all! I felt it was time to introduce myself as I will be requesting and sharing info on our beloved family hauler of 8 years. Our 2006 Envoy XL SLT has served our family of 6 VERY well with only minor issues over the years. She's got 126,000 miles and is starting to need the TLC required to keep her running through the next 100,000 and beyond. I've come across the "OS" as you all call it as well as this great forum from time to time over the past couple of years while researching some DIY info. I've been devouring the information thread by thread the past couple of weeks in preparation to give our Envoy the attention she needs. The last week has been an adventure, thanks to a squirrel or other rodent that decided to add 1400 dollars worth of electrical work the same night a simple fix requiring the shift cable bushing that failed. It was parked in a different place than normal and I guess the critters took it as an invitation for dinner! I had just stock piled rotors, calipers, pads, motor mounts, CPAS and idler pulley the week before. We still maintain our OnStar account, and after laying in the street fighting codes that would randomly switch, and not being able to start it, I gave in pushed the button and had it towed to the dealer. First time it's been towed, first time in 3 years it's been at the dealership. I do have a very trustworthy relationship with our local dealer, been buying from them since I was a teenager. The service manager there knows me and has always been extremely flexible with meeting my abilities to fix items and worked with me to resolve items. The absolute destruction of wiring was something I needed them to fix. So with that, she is running, but still needs the attention she deserves from us. Looking forward to the journey here and with our Envoy! And yes, by total coincidence, our 3rd daughter's initials are actually GMC. :smile:

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
Welcome! :tiphat:

(That has got to be the lengthiest intro I've ever read) :yes:

Porkins

Dec 5, 2011
Welcome to the Nation! That was a great intro, you need to hunt down those perps that got your wiring.

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
Welcome :tiphat:

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Welcome

Ixolib

Original poster
Aug 18, 2013
Amazed at the mods and work I've seen in here! I'm itching now to snag another ride rebuild after seeing things you guys have done!! Time to start shopping for a project Trailblazer/Envoy for me!:thumbsup:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tcwest38

Members Online