Olympic's -x2 running -x3 non-running -loads of spare parts!

06Envoy

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
I'm throwing this in here because you never know if anyone from Ontario reads these.
If your a member of GMTN, I'll deliver for free anywhere in Ontario. Actually nothing west of SSM though (sorry, that's to far).

Click here for the full ad with pictures: Olympic's -x2 running -x3 non-running -loads of spare parts! - Sudbury Snowmobiles For Sale - Kijiji Sudbury Canada.

I am selling two running 1970's Olympiques and three non running parts sleds with a truck load of spare parts!

My Boys are 12 now and have outgrown these sleds and have moved into bigger machines. Since they have their sled driver's license this year, they can't be seen on the trails in these old machines!!! lol...

Their loss is your gain! These sleds are perfect for teaching the young ones how to sled. They teach them how to lean into the corners, and they take a beating and keep on running. You can't kill these machines! Perfect for kids! Heck, I even take the 250cc out for a run once in a while.

Bring a large trailer because this stuff won't fit in the back of a pickup!

What you'll be getting;
Running - single cyl 250cc Olympic - Completely rebuilt and restored three years ago.
Running - twin cyl 340cc Olympic
Three non running parts chassis. There is enough spare parts included to rebuild them, but I never seemed to get around to it.
Four extra Rotax motors in various sizes and conditions, all turn over though. Three twins and one single.
Cases of spare parts for these machines. Some even New Old Stock from the 80's. I can't post enough pics of the parts, kijiji has a 10 pic limit!

I'm open to trades.
My boys and I are looking for non-Chinese crap quads. We are looking for Yamaha BigBears or Polaris Sportsman. Must be shaft drive and 4x4. I can top up trade with my own cash.

Cash is also good to buy these sleds. I'll entertain any cash offers over $1000.

Give me a call at 705-691-1000

muddy tires

Dec 5, 2011
Wow! That's quite a collection you have going. I have a 1970 Olympique under my deck that my dad bought new. That was my sled for learning to lean in the corners. :yes: It needs a new track and some cosmetic bodywork. One day I'll get around to cleaning her up for old times sake.

Do you have a decent track in the spare parts bin?

06Envoy

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Hi.

You should clean her up and run her again!
They are still fun to drive for adults!
And I've heard that in Alliston or Shelburne they run Olympic shows. I was thinking of entering the 250cc machine one year but again I never seemed to get around to it.

i'll be honest, there are two extra tracks not in chassis included, but they are not new. One has the flufed edges but no cracks, while the other has cracks.
You'll probably get a year ot two out of each.

I can't remember, but one of either the running sleds or the chassis sleds does have a three yr old track on it.
That one will last a few good years yet. :thumbsup:

Who cares about the cash... do you have anything to trade?

muddy tires

Dec 5, 2011
Hmm. Trade? I've been purging lately so the tickle trunk is a little bare. I looked around the garage and have the following: child's bike (maybe for an 8-9 year old), junior left handed golf clubs, a brand new battery for Trailvoy (Canadian Tire warranty replacement that I don't need). I could pull the Prodigy brake controller from the TB and could maybe yank out the Neucleus iPod adaptor without my wife going all postal on me. The rest of my stuff is not yet ready for the island of misfit toys. :biggrin:

I've really got to haul out that old sled and give it a good going over to see what it needs. Track, rear storage trunk, 1 ski (one I have is off an old Nordique), seat redone, paint, bit of fiberglass on the cab, some wiring. At a minimum I should get it started and run around the yard a few times once the snow arrives. Funny how we speak fondly of these sleds. I remember my dad and 10 or so men ('cause women were too smart back then) leaving town to ride to the cottage (15 minutes by car). If they were lucky, 2 or 3 would arrive at the cottage by supper time. Sunday was spent collecting all the broken machines from along the route. Now we ride to the cottage and back for a little jaunt before lunch.

What are you getting for the boys to replace the Olympiques? I thought about it for a couple of years and ended up picking up a MXZ 380. I thought that it might be a little small but even my 15 year old likes it better than his mom's 600 GTX and he's a pretty big boy.

I know Denali n Doo rides with his kid. Maybe we need to arrange a trail-side meet and go for a family tour.

06Envoy

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
I too have fond memories of as a kid sitting behind my Dad in the big yellow Oly.

The kids are running an Artic Cat Prowler 440 and a Skidoo 500 GT. Just older inexpensive sleds that they can bang up and not get too badly hurt on.

Denali N Doo does ride with his boy.
I'm totally open to having a family run somewhere.
I've already purchased my trail permits for all the machines this year, and I can trailer to almost anywhere.
I think it would be loads of fun to have a GMTN family weekend run somewhere.

The Olympics have been sold. Didn't take long. A Father and his two teenage boys bought them. I think your right, there are lots of guys who remember fondly these old machines.

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
06Envoy said:
I too have fond memories of as a kid sitting behind my Dad in the big yellow Oly.

The kids are running an Artic Cat Prowler 440 and a Skidoo 500 GT. Just older inexpensive sleds that they can bang up and not get too badly hurt on.

Denali N Doo does ride with his boy.
I'm totally open to having a family run somewhere.
I've already purchased my trail permits for all the machines this year, and I can trailer to almost anywhere.
I think it would be loads of fun to have a GMTN family weekend run somewhere.

The Olympics have been sold. Didn't take long. A Father and his two teenage boys bought them. I think your right, there are lots of guys who remember fondly these old machines.

Ya it would be fun to have a GMT meet for a day of sledding. Or have weekend meet at some chalet were sled rentals are available and get some southern US members to come ride the snow trails for a weekend :thumbsup:. We have 34,262 km's or 21,289 miles of trails. Here's a link to our interactive trail map http://ofsc.mapbase.ca/viewer/?exte...3.33569397,-8836722.23378868,5765762.49532616 red means they are closed, yellow means limited conditions, green means trail is open. I hope some people are interested when the snow finally comes, it would be a fun time, ride in the daytime and drink at night...

muddy tires

Dec 5, 2011
Bought my trail passes today. Getting the yellow safety inspection sticker for the trailer this weekend. Thinking it's almost time for snowtires. My buddy said that the bay where our cottage is has started to ice up. I'm definitely interested in any excuse for a ride. Could be 2,3 or 4 of us, depending on when and where. If you guys start to cook something up please shoot me a PM as I don't get on here regularly any more.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
randybill

Members Online