Off-Road Lights

MrDJ

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Waxahachie, TX
Has anybody bolted a pair of off-road lights on the removable plastic front covers on the roof rack? I was thinking about how hard it would be to pop those off, drill holes, and bolt on some lights.

Also, where can I get another pair of those front plastic covers. That way they could be switched between the ones with lights and without lights if needed.

Thanks!

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
That plastic cover alone will not hold a light unless you just used a rather small LED. It can easily pull the cover off if the wind catches it right. Now with that said there are guys that have used the bolt to hold down their light bar by notching it out. You can also run your light wring under there as well.

MrDJ

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Waxahachie, TX
Ahh, didn't think about that. I haven't taken mine off yet so I have no idea how easy they are to pop off. Looks like this is another one of my ideas that needs to bake a little longer...lol

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
MrDJ said:
Ahh, didn't think about that. I haven't taken mine off yet so I have no idea how easy they are to pop off. Looks like this is another one of my ideas that needs to bake a little longer...lol
Yeah it just snaps on and off. When I got mine one was missing, a slight squeeze with a little torque sideways and it will just pop off.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chirobo1

Members Online

No members online now.