ODB2 0332 - Knock Sensor 1 Circuit Low Input (Bank 2)

PBoneBallSack

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
My engine light came on and this is the code I'm getting on my 2003 Envoy. (ODB2 0332 - Knock Sensor 1 Circuit Low Input (Bank 2)

Can someone please post a picture of the Knock Sensor and location? I'm hoping I can go to the wrecking yard and pull one off another Envoy and install it on my truck to see if that fixes the engine light.

Also, if anyone has ever had this code, could you please tell me what it took to fix the issue? I reset the code and drove for 200km (or 124mil) before is came back on. Is there an engine oil additive that will fix this issue?

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.
-Phil

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
The error code doesn't mean that you HAVE engine knock that needs addressing by an additive or (usually) better fuel. It means the SENSOR is bad or the wiring from it to the PCM.

The sensors are items 10 and 13 in this drawing from the service manuals available in this thread: http://gmtnation.com/f23/need-service-manuals-get-them-here-371/

They're down low on the driver's side of the engine block. $40 list price, $23 from parts4chevys.com. That's not a high enough price to get me to dig in the junkyards. YMMV.

Unfortunately, the shop manual is not clear which one is #1 and #2, but I'd guess the one in the rear is #2.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 12

PBoneBallSack

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
Does this look like the Bank 2 Knock Sensor and location?
Thanks again for all your help. It really is appreciated.
-Phil

Attachments

• 42vortecI6.jpg
    42vortecI6.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 10

jimmyjam

Nov 18, 2011
yes the one closer to the bottom and back is a knock sensor. they are relatively cheap at an autoparts store

*edit* it seems really weird to me that it says bank2.......... :confused:
sensor 1 should be the one closest to the front, but bank 2 on an inline engine?

PBoneBallSack

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
I think that’s because there is two of them, #1 and #2. I'm guessing here, that in a V6 it would be bank 2 and in a I6 it's just number 2?

Anyway, my OBD2 reader says "Code: 0332 - Knock Sensor 1 Circuit Low Input (Bank 2)"

I'm going to clean the ground wire first and see if that fixes the issue, if not I'll replace it tomorrow $37 at PartSource here in Canada. Hopefully it's the back one (easy to change) and not the front (looks really hard to get at).

Thanks for all the help on this site. It has already made me a better car guy and saved me lots of $$$
-Phil

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
PBoneBallSack said:
I'm guessing here, that in a V6 it would be bank 2 and in a I6 it's just number 2?

You guessed right. For the I6, the manual refers to them as KS1 and KS2, with KS2 being the one in the back.

My work has a generic OBD2 reader (Actron), and with some codes, the code readers definition of the code does not match the OEMs definition.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online