OBD II Data Reader Problem - Saab specific

MDBT

Original poster
Jan 26, 2012
Despite my best efforts both the Android Torque application and the MSD Dashhawk firmly believe that my SAAB is not a GM product. This means that few if any of the GM specific PIDs work. I was unable to find any Saab specific data on the OS.

So any ideas on how I can monitor my trans temp with either Torque or the Dashhawk?

If not, I have a Dashhawk for sale :banghead:

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
I can't help you with your issue, but thought I'd throw this out there. I can't communicate with 9-7s on my tech2 without the Saab card.

MDBT

Original poster
Jan 26, 2012
Looks like the location designations for the PIDs are the culprit and without the GM VIN it won't auto locate/designate them. These are not editable on the DashHawk so since Trans Temp and TCC slip data is the only reason I bought it I will be selling that off.

Should work fine in Torque once I get them re-addressed with the proper hex location codes, if not ScanGauge has been reported as functional for trans data on the Saabs. Just too bad, I really liked this DashHawk.

Instrumental

Jan 29, 2012
Any luck with Torque? I'd like to pick up a bluetooth OBD for my new android phone, but trans temp is what i want the most. Don'T want to waste money if it won't work.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonnnnyj

Members Online