Now I have to explain this to my wife...

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
DucatiSS said:
You would be wise to have a small stash of money put away for gifts for her.:biggrin:
Small??? :blinkhuh:

sLAsh

Jan 26, 2012
Aw I'm too late for suggestions.
Here are mine anyways.

Someone broke down and asked if they could park it here until they can come back with a trailer. When it doesn't get picked up it shows you are kind hearted but absent minded for not getting the guys phone number. Only get in a little bit of trouble because most wives think we don't pay attention already :biggrin:

It is a climbing apparatus in the shape of a grader that you bought for the kids. Once again she wonders wtf were you thinking but since it was for the kids she will cut you some slack.

I think we should keep this thread open just to here more excuses in case any of the rest of us decide to come home with something like a hot air balloon or a crane. I know I would have liked to have a ready made excuse when I brought my third canoe home :rotfl:

Fire06

Dec 18, 2011
Other modds
Think quality seat with comfort in mind for your long hours grading/snow clearing.
Upgrade the interior heater for said winter plowing
Install air con for those hot summer days grading
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Good luck hope she is still happy

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
"If you bought it thinking of her, maybe you should let her decide what color to paint it"?

Teach her to drive it(if she wants) and show her that it could be fun for both of you, take her for a ride on it.

I know when hubby buys something he shouldn't have, after I'm over being pissed, he shows me how to play with it, drive it, operate it, includes me in the entire thing so that I can see and understand WHY he would do something so stupid lol and usually I end up apologizing because I enjoyed it as well.

If you have a portable CD player you can always play Kenny Chesney's "She thinks my tractor's sexy" lol

Make it fun for her, who know's you may come home from work one day and catch her grading your driveway :biggrin:

Bartonmd

Nov 20, 2011
Worst case, scrap is going around $350/ton last I checked, so you could likely more than get your money out of it in scrap, if it goes tits up on you...

Mike

06Envoy

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
DucatiSS said:
Believe me, some day, somewhere, some how, this will be brought up again. You would be wise to have a small stash of money put away for gifts for her.:biggrin:
You know, now that you mention it. I'm gonna start saving now. :undecided:

harmless said:
Ok, so Garnet, here's my list of mods so far for your new toy.

- Repaint it. Custom job with flames.
- Install a sound system.
- Train Horns.
- Chromed Rims.
- Fuzzy Dice.
- LED & HID lighting.

Sound about right so far? :biggrin:
Oh I like it! All of it! Although chrome rims that big may be a problem!
Is it wrong of me to mention yesterday to my neighbor that I was going to put HID's on it?
EDIT: Actually didn't we cover this in another thread? Something about 'shiney flashy chrome thingy's at Canadian Tire'?
I showed her your list of mods and she broke out laughing at the Custom paint job with flames. She said yes to that one.

sLAsh said:
...I think we should keep this thread open just to here more excuses in case any of the rest of us decide to come home with something like a hot air balloon or a crane. I know I would have liked to have a ready made excuse when I brought my third canoe home :rotfl:
I agree, keep the excuses comming!

Bartonmd said:
Worst case, scrap is going around $350/ton last I checked, so you could likely more than get your money out of it in scrap, if it goes tits up on you...Mike
Exactly my thoughts! How bad could it be if it didn't work out, then I could still scrap it right?
And in the mean time, it's one hell of a toy to play with! :crazy:

Voymom said:
"If you bought it thinking of her, maybe you should let her decide what color to paint it"?

Teach her to drive it(if she wants) and show her that it could be fun for both of you, take her for a ride on it.

I know when hubby buys something he shouldn't have, after I'm over being pissed, he shows me how to play with it, drive it, operate it, includes me in the entire thing so that I can see and understand WHY he would do something so stupid lol and usually I end up apologizing because I enjoyed it as well.

If you have a portable CD player you can always play Kenny Chesney's "She thinks my tractor's sexy" lol

Make it fun for her, who know's you may come home from work one day and catch her grading your driveway :biggrin:
I took you up on your suggestion and showed her this thread in it's entirety after work today..
It worked, she is laughing about it now, and offering up her own ideas. She wants to go for a ride on it. I told her next weekend I'll fire it up for her and let her drive up and down the road (at 1mph).
I think that fact that I was stressing over bringing it home helped her realize that she does in fact play a big part in my life.

Weird, but it was Voymom's ideas that I used and they seemed to have worked out.
That's a big thumbs up from me! :thumbsup: And a big thank-you to everyone's ideas! :grouphug:

rcam81

Dec 3, 2011
Onsted, MI
harmless said:
Imma gonna keep this thread handy for the day I do something really silly (sillier than spending $800+ on a Xbox360) that I know bribing with a Keurig won't fix. :biggrin:

Ok, so Garnet, here's my list of mods so far for your new toy.

- Repaint it. Custom job with flames.
- Install a sound system.
- Train Horns.
- Chromed Rims.
- Fuzzy Dice.
- LED & HID lighting.

Sound about right so far? :biggrin:

Get ahold of Spong and he could advise you on powerwashing it and laying a coat of Zaino on it.(You and Spong could have a yard toys meet.) Then put a set of GMTNation stickers on it.

harmless

Nov 21, 2011
Once we're done modding the daily rides, we'll have to have a Grader Modding Party at 06Envoy's place!!!

I've never worked on something that big before... I betchya we can have it show & shine ready real quick!

P.S. Don't worry about chromin' the rims... I got a guy who does that. :thumbsup:

I wonder if BartonMD would like to fab up some brush guards for this thing... :biggrin:

06Envoy

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
MAY03LT said:
Think supersparkz will work in that engine?:undecided:
Um, no. It doesn't even work on the 4.2!!!

rcam81 said:
Get ahold of Spong and he could advise you on powerwashing it and laying a coat of Zaino on it.(You and Spong could have a yard toys meet.) Then put a set of GMTNation stickers on it.
Harmless!! I'm a gonna need some more decals! I used my last spare on my lunchbox!

northcreek said:
Try This.....on yourself,of course:eek: View attachment 6482
That's a bit extreme dont'cha think?

harmless said:
Once we're done modding the daily rides, we'll have to have a Grader Modding Party at 06Envoy's place!!!
Hmmm, okay. Everyone in Ontario is invited to a GMTNation meet at my farm. I've got plenty of space for tents, rv's, motorhomes, whatever you bring, etc.
And you all can take turns driving the Grader! It'll be one heck of a party. (And hopefully I can get some of you guys drunk enough to buy it too! Thus the wheel turns) :dance:

06Envoy

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Fire06 said:
Thats all I would need is a grader Thanks a lot :yes::yes:

Hey no problem! I'm here to help!
However the price of the grader has just gone up as we've just completed ISO9001 certification testing on it. :biggrin:
But again no worries! I'll keep on feeding you the wobbly pop until the price seems reasonable to you! :eek:

What you say?, 'no way!'. Huh, it worked on me, wtf???? :undecided::rotfl::crazy:

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
06Envoy said:
That's a bit extreme dont'cha think?

Probably but, remember that we don't know your wife:biggrin:

You know that I was kidding....right?

06Envoy

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
northcreek said:
Probably but, remember that we don't know your wife:biggrin:
You know that I was kidding....right?

Ya, no worries!:smile:

Fire06

Dec 18, 2011
06Envoy said:
However the price of the grader has just gone up as we've just completed ISO9001 certification testing on it. :biggrin:
But again no worries! I'll keep on feeding you the wobbly pop until the price seems reasonable to you! :eek:

What you say?, 'no way!'. Huh, it worked on me, wtf???? :undecided::rotfl::crazy:

I do not think I could consume enough alcohol to make the price responsible.:no::no: But we could sure try . :yes::yes: As for the ISO9001 glad it is going well, that must be doubling or more the price of the grader for when you sell it. :rotfl::rotfl:

harmless

Nov 21, 2011
06Envoy said:
Harmless!! I'm a gonna need some more decals! I used my last spare on my lunchbox!

I can do that!!! Just tell me what you'd like! Wait. Better yet, let me see the thing after we've painted it... I'll hook you up some custom shit, yes! :cool:

06Envoy said:
Hmmm, okay. Everyone in Ontario is invited to a GMTNation meet at my farm. I've got plenty of space for tents, rv's, motorhomes, whatever you bring, etc.
And you all can take turns driving the Grader! It'll be one heck of a party. (And hopefully I can get some of you guys drunk enough to buy it too! Thus the wheel turns) :dance:

Wait... to get to your place, I have to drive harmless over a gravel road? :undecided: :hissyfit:

You now need to get a compactor, a paver and some dump trucks so you can pave the road so *I* can go visit. That and it would also help smooth over the new purchases with your wife. :rotfl:

06Envoy said:

Talk price AFTER you've modded it. :raspberry:

I wonder... can we do a 3 foot drop kit on that sucker? :undecided:

06Envoy

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Here is what she thinks!

At first, she is all 'WTF?!'
1569.jpg

Then she gives up and gives me the thumps up! I got the best wife ever!
1570.jpg

Ha, I figured the grader is famous now, so I added it as a vehicle to the Garage! :rotfl:

06Envoy

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011

Attachments

• 100_1007.jpg
    100_1007.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 10
  • 100_1006.jpg
    100_1006.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 10
  • 100_1005.jpg
    100_1005.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 11
  • 100_1008.jpg
    100_1008.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 11

06Envoy

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ace1875 said:
[video=youtube;e4mhhABhb5U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4mhhABhb5U[/video]

I don't know why, but I laughed my ass off when watching this! :rotfl:

I guess it rung true.... :redface:

harmless

Nov 21, 2011
06Envoy said:

Yup. Candy Apple Red with flames. We'll keep the cab it's origional yellow - so she'll be two-toned.

Chrome the wheels and add dual chromed stacks, chromed mirrors and other little bits.

A 5 pt racing seat. A/C, sound system, chromed skull shifter knobs, HIDs, LEDs, fuzzy dice... shit man. This will rock! :biggrin: :thumbsup:

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
You're one brave man! Now about my driveway...

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
And NYS DOT doesn't have him do some grading on the way down!

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jvest