Noise.. Seems to be Coming From The AC Compressor

Djordan2

Original poster
Feb 5, 2012
This Morning When I started the TB I heard a Faint Sort of Grinding Noise.. Then after a few seconds it Stopped.. Didnt have any Other issues Until I got out of Class and started it up again.. heard the same thing.. but again it stopped .. got driving gown the road I decided to turn everything off to see if I heard it while driving.. I did. So I parked Turned the AC Off Opened the Hood.. The Noise was Deff Comming from teh Compressor or at least the Pulley for the Compressor. Seemed to Muffle a little if not mostly go away when I tun the AC Back on.. AC is Cooling maybe not as good as it should But Deff need to know if i need a new compressor or not.. Plus this sounds aweful..lol

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Some folks have been able to replace just the bearing in the AC compressor clutch, but it should get looked at by a professional AC shop to make sure it's not internal damage to the vanes and such. That would involve a much more intrusive cleaning of the entire AC system and the orifice and other parts in case debris from the dying compressor started moving around.

Djordan2

Original poster
Feb 5, 2012
If this was the problem would I still have A/C.. My A/C Still works fine.. Took it to the chevy dealer and they said if the A/C was working that it wasn't compressor related.. But I'm 100% sure it's coming from that pulley at least so that's why I'm with roadie sounds like a bearing but Chevy says that's impossible.. So confused...:confused::confused:

Wooluf1952

Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Djordan2 said:
If this was the problem would I still have A/C.. My A/C Still works fine.. Took it to the chevy dealer and they said if the A/C was working that it wasn't compressor related.. But I'm 100% sure it's coming from that pulley at least so that's why I'm with roadie sounds like a bearing but Chevy says that's impossible.. So confused...:confused::confused:

IMHO, stay away from the dealer, especially the one you already went to.
Find an independent mechanic that specializes in HVAC.

These are from the OS: A/C clutch bearing - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum & A/C Clutch Bearing - How to...... - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online