No speedo

Tux05

Original poster
Jun 6, 2016
Northern ontario
I had my 05 Envoy I6 at a garage to replace my 2 power steering lines from the rack today when my wife drove it home the speedo was not working. I will bring it back to the garage to check it out but for now has anyone else lost their speedo I could not find a fuse in the manual and does the cable to to the tranny. Thanks

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
There is no cable but a sensor that feeds to the PCM that then.sends the signal to the speedometer. If you have a Bluetooth OBD adapter and the Torque app, you could see if the signal is reaching the PCM. If you see the speed, then either the speedo's stepper motor is.done or something with the signal from the PCM to.the speedo.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Just found a recent thread on this issue. Lots of info on what to look for:

Tux05

Original poster
Jun 6, 2016
Northern ontario
Once again thank you as soon as I get into town I am going back to the garage where I had work done it think they may have moved something or forgot to plug something in when dolng the job.with all the snow and ice we have it makes it hard and dangerous to get under a truck also I just noticed that I posted in the wrong section should have been under ENVOY section sorry

Last edited:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
There is no "Envoy" section. All are under the GMT360/370 section for all models so you're good.

Tux05

Original poster
Jun 6, 2016
Northern ontario
Again thanks mooseman after checking out my speedo seams like the problem is the cluster in dash. Looks like more money out of pocket

Feb 18, 2017
Shreveport, LA
Had a similar issue in my 4wd. No speedo, battery, temp. I pulled the cluster in about 4 mins and had the actual cluster assembly apart soon after. There were cracked solder joints all over the board so I pulled out the trusty, ice pick-style Weller soldering iron and went to work, dabbing as small of a dab as I could to repair the cracks. Put it back in and it was actually working. I was fairly surprised, TBH.

Tux05

Original poster
Jun 6, 2016
Northern ontario
Thank you I will check it out but I think I will wait till spring it's to cold now to start opening plastic clips.i am useing my GPS now as everything else is working.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86