no more OS for me finally

Playsinsnow

Original poster
Nov 17, 2012
Occurred to me that I never really introduced myself- names Shawn and I bought my '05 six yrs and 98k miles ago w 17k on it. I traded in my slammed vw after getting married, been a good choice- the tb! Anyways I found the old site after my front disconnect failed to engage. Thanks to anyone and everyone who made both sites possible. I still peruse the site for info on what to do and what not to do. Thanks again for saving me mad cash on the 4wd and fan clutch, the seat heater that wont heat up the bum anymore among others.
I don't exactly do this whole social media thing too well and after sometime of seeing ppl post ??s on subjects that have been discussed and ignoring all those who still don't know the search function is your friend ( There are many with great detail-thanks roadie and everyone else!) has me wanting to "close" my username/account over there. How do I do it? I deleted most my info and even listed my location as GMTnation and it was switched instantly to trailvoy. Ha. Too funny. "No I said GMTnation!"
I've been guilty of sending messages referring ppl here, but man some of the folks over there are something else. Top3 things that bug me the most in no order; will this tire fit? There's noise coming from under the hood when its running-doesn't say if its a screaming monkey or an idler pulley/steering pump, and folks who comment on a thread that hasn't been active in YEARS. There's a few ppl who do mean well over there. I believe that there are a lot more folks over here that have knowledge from actually working on it. With that help, being able to call out service advisors/managers is priceless! One guy said the TB doesn't call for tranny filter replaced! Never went back! Wonder how many think they have v8s when there's only 6cyls under the hood? True story, Coworker had a V6 G8 and thought it was a v8 for two yrs til I drove it one day after work. Dude was pissed :rotfl: "salesman said..."

Anyone know if I can just straightup close my username over there or should I go out with a bang? How about a post on this great site call GMTnation. Or how can I get rid of these ads? Enough already-time to go snowboard! Only question left is do I get the clean shiny TB I washed yesterday muddy because the hill has a notiously muddy parking lot, especially after it rained this morning? Hmm:undecided:

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Welcome....if u say something about us you'll get globally ignored..banned or on the shitty user list.

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
jrSS said:
Welcome....if u say something about us you'll get globally ignored..banned or on the shitty user list.
:iagree:

There's no way to delete your own account. And if you ask them to do it, they won't. If you send out a few friendly PMs to other members who appear to be lost (telling them about this site), eventually they'll make sure no one over there knows your account exists. :biggrin:

But, every time you type the name of this site over there, the software changes it to Trailvoy. You have to get creative with it. (like spaces between the letters, for example)

Playsinsnow

Original poster
Nov 17, 2012
I use G M T n a t I o n dot c o m. Im not looking to get kicked off, just dont want to be a part of that community anymore. Maybe a post on how wonderful a site this is I found and ask why its not mentioned anywhere? folks folks who know shit too! For how much info they have there sure is a lack of activity.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Welcome!

We have a thread on "Does anybody still use the OS?" Basically, the content over there was almost entirely written by members now here. It's a fantastic reference library to go look stuff up in, but there's no community anymore. And it's the community that sets the culture of the place, not the greedy Toronto vultures that bought trailvoy.

It's sad, but understandable that Vertical Scope doesn't care for the community - just selling eyeballs to advertisers.

Over here - we CARE about owners getting accurate information to save them money.

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
Playsinsnow said:
There's a few ppl who do mean well over there. I believe that there are a lot more folks over here that have knowledge from actually working on it.

Those guys know we're here and what we're about, but they choose to continue to contribute to that site for whatever insane reason. Maybe it's because they can guess without rebuttal from those in the know.

BTW welcome aboard!:cool:

Porkins

Dec 5, 2011
Welcome on over to the Nation. Go out with a bang I have three times now and I think they have gave up banning me. :biggrin::wootwoot:

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
MAY03LT said:
Maybe it's because they can guess without rebuttal from those in the know.
They wanted to increase their post count without me to call them out. :rotfl: Sad state of affairs when somebody's goal in life is to be top frog in such a stinky, fetid pond as trailvoy has become. :frown:

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
Welcome!

I have spent some time there in the last week offering some advice and passing out this site as the place to go for further information and to find a real, active, enthusiast community. Glad to see you make it here, keep spreading the word.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
welcome over...

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
Welcome to the Nation!

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
Welcome to GMTNation, much better here :thumbsup:

Forum Statistics

Threads