No more Front Plate in TEXAS....Sweet!!!!

fletch09

Nov 20, 2011
Wish Illinois would do that.
but it appears, looking at a pic of yours from your garage, like me you do not run a front plate anyway.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
I wish they would officially do it here... Half of us don't run them, mine is still on until it gets damaged pretty bad.

RayVoy

Nov 20, 2011
Looks like New Brunswick will lose the front plate next year. The government likes the cost savings for new plates. And, for the guys with an existing front plate, the change will mean only one registration sticker will be issued instead of two.

I have a little clear coat peeling on my front bumper, I'll wait until next spring, get the old plate screw holes filled and the bumper touched up.

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
RayVoy said:
The government likes the cost savings for new plates.
Ohio's solution...instead of saving money with one plate, pass on the cost of two to the consumer. :rolleyes:

DDonnie

Mar 26, 2012
fletch09 said:
Wish Illinois would do that.
but it appears, looking at a pic of yours from your garage, like me you do not run a front plate anyway.

Only downside about buying my ride from IL is that it has a front plate spot. I havent decided if i'm going to remove it or get a vanity plate.

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
The Pennsylvania State Police have recommended over the years that we go with front plates. They have several cases a year where someone backs away from an incident and never revealed their plate until they are too far away to read it.

AV8ER

Apr 19, 2012
It's about time they do this! After September I can finally take the bracket and front plate out from under the passenger seat where it lies incase I run into trouble.

Phantom

Jun 17, 2012
RayVoy said:
Looks like New Brunswick will lose the front plate next year. The government likes the cost savings for new plates. And, for the guys with an existing front plate, the change will mean only one registration sticker will be issued instead of two.

I have a little clear coat peeling on my front bumper, I'll wait until next spring, get the old plate screw holes filled and the bumper touched up.

Here in Iowa they only give you one sticker for two plates. Tell you to put it on the back one, leaving the front with nothing on it. Makes no sense to me but who am I to decide that lol.

DocBrown

Dec 8, 2011
They have tried several times in WI to eliminate the front plate. Always gets opposed by the LEO lobby and ultimately does not pass. WI is the same as IA when it comes to the sticker. There really is no reason for the front plate.

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
Next time there is an Amber Alert or a public call for assistance, folks may rethink this. half the cars are now "unnoticed" to those who pay attention.
I AM ALL FOR NO FRONT PLATES, however I think it can benefit the public as a whole with two. Red light cameras, cops car cameras getting those off the road who shouldn't be on, and not to mention accidents. There are many cases where the hitter loses his front plate and runs.

I received maybe a dozen front license plates violations parking on the same city block by the same "maid" in Minneapolis during college.

Who wants to spend hard earned or given to money on a nice ride just to put a tramp stamp up front? Custom license plate colors??? Pick your own shade..

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Phantom said:
Here in Iowa they only give you one sticker for two plates. Tell you to put it on the back one, leaving the front with nothing on it. Makes no sense to me but who am I to decide that lol.

Same here They would probably charge us the same as they do now...

02blackenvoy

Feb 1, 2014
Did they actually let this happen? considering very seriously about moving to Texas in the very near future...

Shawn

DFWWIZ

Dec 5, 2011
02blackenvoy said:
Did they actually let this happen? considering very seriously about moving to Texas in the very near future...

Shawn

Nope, the toll authority shoved some money into lobbying against it saying they depend on front plates for camera system on tollways. Their logic is that if a vehicle has a bike carrier or some sort of rack in the back covering the license plate they would lose too much money from not getting a pic of the front.
My opinion is the state would cut their license plate making cost in half which is a good thing and cops normally don't need a front plate since how many other states don't require them, its already been proven its not any hindrance in apprehension. (they usually chase from behind)
It used to be the law said it was illegal to not have a front plate but they forgot to put in the monetary fines for not having one so most of the time it was dismissed if you did get a ticket.

jimmyjam

Nov 18, 2011
DFWWIZ said:
Nope, the toll authority shoved some money into lobbying against it saying they depend on front plates for camera system on tollways.
hmm we don't have front plates in florida and we do have toll highways that are epass and toll-by-plate only (no plazas)

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluecorp

Members Online

No members online now.