No crank-no start-no pl/pw/interior lighting/headlights

NinjuhhNutz

Original poster
Oct 15, 2012
yeaa...I watched the youtube vid May made about it, didn't look too difficult, just time consuming and less than an excited evening. Guess I'll schedule that for my next pay day, considering the estimate, and my best buy payment, and my phone bill are ALL due this week? :hissyfit:
hello ramen noodles...

CaptainXL

Dec 4, 2011
Actually the fan clutch harness is the cause of the 5 volt reference problem. Not sure you needed new pcm to fix that. I would ask for the old one back and check.

NinjuhhNutz

Original poster
Oct 15, 2012
I had the pcm replaced first, and it fixed my problem, and he said the harness needes to be replaced as well...i would have been a bit more critical of him, but he's a life-long friend of the gf's family :yes:
Who knew he worked at yhe stealership :raspberry: in all, I'm just happy to have her back and running right

CaptainXL

Dec 4, 2011
NinjuhhNutz said:
I had the pcm replaced first, and it fixed my problem, and he said the harness needes to be replaced as well...i would have been a bit more critical of him, but he's a life-long friend of the gf's family :yes:
Who knew he worked at yhe stealership :raspberry: in all, I'm just happy to have her back and running right

If it was me, I would have asked for the original pcm back (which is required by law) and swapped it back in to see if it really was bad. What if it was just a bent pin or corroded connector? Pcm's rarely fail. And if they do it would have to either fail totally or programming wise. In which case you would get a CEL for a failure of said system. I dont trust anyone with such expensive parts. But thats me. Ymmv

NinjuhhNutz

Original poster
Oct 15, 2012
CaptainXL said:
If it was me, I would have asked for the original pcm back (which is required by law) and swapped it back in to see if it really was bad. What if it was just a bent pin or corroded connector? Pcm's rarely fail. And if they do it would have to either fail totally or programming wise. In which case you would get a CEL for a failure of said system. I dont trust anyone with such expensive parts. But thats me. Ymmv

I'll ask and see if he still has it, but at this point in the game...it's really not even worth the hassel. I got a hell of a deal on everything, so, spilled milk and all that jazz :yes:
I do appreciate everyone's input and helping out with the issues, love this community!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
memoremix

Members Online