Nissan 350Z?

groundshock

Original poster
Member
Dec 4, 2011
248
Anyone here own one, or have experience with them?

Since I've decided to keep the TB for 'bad-ass' duty, I'm going to buy myself a fun car this year. The 350Z fits my budget and if I can find a manual with Brembo's I think I'd be happy.

Input?
 

Boricua SS

Member
Nov 20, 2011
3,080
Ohio
my only experience with them are seeing them in my rear view mirror, until my motor blew :rotfl:

no personal experience with them, but from what Ive heard talkin to the guys afterwards, they all loved them... but of course, that answer was probably bias and it would be like registering here and asking all of us if we love our GMT's... I would just start browsing a couple Nissan forums for research purposes... see if they have common failures, etc...
 

ConeKilrAutoX

Member
Dec 8, 2011
1,179
groundshock said:
Anyone here own one, or have experience with them?

Since I've decided to keep the TB for 'bad-ass' duty, I'm going to buy myself a fun car this year. The 350Z fits my budget and if I can find a manual with Brembo's I think I'd be happy.

Input?

Hey man. they are pretty decent... I have auto-crossed one the last 2 years (about 40 runs) and did a road rally in my friends (about 700+ miles of driving ) and around here and I have raced them at the track/street for awhile and still find them fun.

Personally I am biased toward the old 300zx Twin turbo.
View attachment 27022
They will blow the damn doors off the 350z and the 370z haha but as with all nissans I have worked with be prepared for frustrating repairs... very little room to work under the hood. but hopefully you wont need to do too much and then youll be fine! They are fun cars to drive for sure tho. I just wanted to give you an honest review from what I have driven.

Id definitely go for it for sure!!!!:yes:
 

Attachments

  • zxtt.jpg
    zxtt.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 12

Sparky

Member
Dec 4, 2011
12,927
I don't care for them. Look like chipmunks with their cheeks full of nuts from the front, and the back looks like they tried too hard to give it the flared quarter look and just made it look overweight or a little blob-ish or something. Actually I guess I don't care for Nissan's styling in general.

JMO, but we all know what opinions are like.
 

Playsinsnow

Member
Nov 17, 2012
9,727
I know this is a little dated but I just came across this. I had plans for a "toy" car this spring that won't happen anymore. Life I guess. A buddy had a 350 and upgraded to a 370z. Only thing I was going to avoid were any '03s and try to get the newest yr I could. Then I ride in his 370z and hit 4th gear rubber on snow tires w the 7spd paddle shifter. Guess that will be my excuse to not pull the trigger. But they are quick and be ready to get some attention. The 2 guys I knew w 350s and one now w a 370 took very good care and much pride in their ride. For the price range a 350/370z is a great track/wknd/summer roadster. Right cockpit feel and too "heavy" for some. I'm avoid anything with aftermarket exhaust or front suspension mods on a low mileage. Trying to convince the wife to dump her loaded mazda3 for a new WRX
she likes the blue one...
 

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Member
Dec 3, 2011
8,028
Brighton, CO
I would not buy a car from Nissan. They are consistently having oil consumption issues, and a grand list of other issues.

For the money of those "junkers" I would buy a Honda S2000, Subaru BRZ, Scion FRS. If you are gung ho on a Nissan, 280Z. I really like the 300Z, but they are known to have MAJOR rust issues.
 

Jkust

Member
Dec 4, 2011
945
Take a look at Top Gear, I believe it was one of the worst cars they've tested. If memory serves they couldn't stop bashing it having done one of those long road tests and track tests. Been a while since I saw that episode though.
 

BoldAdventure

Member
Jun 28, 2012
1,634
Jkust said:
Take a look at Top Gear, I believe it was one of the worst cars they've tested. If memory serves they couldn't stop bashing it having done one of those long road tests and track tests. Been a while since I saw that episode though.

Yup, they are complete garbage on four wheels. Spend your money elsewhere.
 

Playsinsnow

Member
Nov 17, 2012
9,727
Yeah it was Jeremy who drove it, the guy who can't fix anything. Over 6ft leisure drive through the country side is a bloddy decision in the 350zed. I forget what captain slow and Richard said. They also like miata's... Just saying
 

Jkust

Member
Dec 4, 2011
945
Playsinsnow said:
Yeah it was Jeremy who drove it, the guy who can't fix anything. Over 6ft leisure drive through the country side is a bloddy decision in the 350zed. I forget what captain slow and Richard said. They also like miata's... Just saying

I get a kick out of their love for Miatas. As much as I see one and would maybe think homo, I can't go there since they are so well loved even by guys who should hate them. I seem to recall they all drove that 350 and pretty handily bashed it. Whats the saying...beautiful junk.
 

BoldAdventure

Member
Jun 28, 2012
1,634
Jkust said:
I get a kick out of their love for Miatas. As much as I see one and would maybe think homo, I can't go there since they are so well loved even by guys who should hate them. I seem to recall they all drove that 350 and pretty handily bashed it. Whats the saying...beautiful junk.

That's what I think! Every time I see one with two dudes, I have to question their sexuality. (not that I'm against it, I'm libertarian!) They look like a car a chick going to tennis practice would drive.

Back to the 350Z, there are better performance cars in the same segment.

Watch out buying a fun car. I bought a Corvette and I'm now finding that I don't want to divide my money between two fun cars. I'm either throwing it all at the Corvette or all at the Trailblazer. Hard to do both. Unless you're getting a fun car you plan to leave alone.
 

Playsinsnow

Member
Nov 17, 2012
9,727
I've got nothing against Mazda or Miata's, even I enjoy go karts and drifting a shopping cart at the store. They are really great for autocross. However, I don't think I have taken a 2nd look at a Miata, anywhere, ever. Did Nissan get the 370ZED right?

Nissan 370Z V6 full road test car review - BBC Top Gear - BBC Top Gear

Its a good thing not everyone likes the Z series. Helps keep em cheaper for those that do! Me now Im hooked on an AWD platform or even the BMW 1M. Believe top gear ran it a hair faster than the M3.:thumbsup:
 

Forum Statistics

Threads
23,234
Posts
637,113
Members
18,398
Latest member
DR.B

Members Online