Niagara River Parkway run 2013

bfrench

Original poster
Jun 17, 2012
Hi, Folks,

I've been hidden away for quite a spell but now that the spring / summer is nearly upon us, I thought we might try another Niagara Parkway ride.

Meet at Niagara Square shopping center in Niagara Falls - drive the QEW to Fort Erie - then the Parkway to Niagara Falls - lunch at the Falls Manor (Niagara Falls) then back to the Parkway to Niagara-on-the-Lake (Tim Hortons) - from there it's everybody for themselves - touring Niagara-on-the-Lake, scenic drive ti St. Catharines along Lakeshore Road - or back to the QEW via Niagara Stone Road.

The date and time are flexible but recommend leaving Niagara Square no later than 11:00 AM - it's twenty minutes to Fort Erie and about an hour without stopping to get back to the restaurant.

Nothing offroad or challenging - just a nice scenic drive at 60KPH

Any takers????

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
Perfect, the first Ontario meet of this year is in the works :thumbsup:, That sounds like a good drive around the Falls! I know there are lots of parks along the route for some good group pics. The Welland Canal is cool to see if there's any ships going through the locks. Depending on the date chosen vs other commitments I would like to attend. Who else wants to come for a cruise around the Falls?

fletch09

Nov 20, 2011
Denali n DOO said:
Perfect, the first Ontario meet of this year is in the works :thumbsup:, That sounds like a good drive around the Falls! I know there are lots of parks along the route for some good group pics. The Welland Canal is cool to see if there's any ships going through the locks. Depending on the date chosen vs other commitments I would like to attend. Who else wants to come for a cruise around the Falls?

i would love to, but daught the wife would be keen on the 9hr drive
enjoyed that area in sept. 09, when my wife and i drove up there for our anniversary.
stayed in NF, canada side, did a bicycle wine tour out of Niagra on the lake,
even drove over to st. cath. to see lakeside park, (love that rush song).

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
fletch09 said:
i would love to, but daught the wife would be keen on the 9hr drive
enjoyed that area in sept. 09, when my wife and i drove up there for our anniversary.
stayed in NF, canada side, did a bicycle wine tour out of Niagra on the lake,
even drove over to st. cath. to see lakeside park, (love that rush song).

I know what you mean about the long drive, I would like to do the Mid-West meet and would have liked to have done the Hooter's DE meet as well, they are just a bit too far tho. I hope the turnout for this is good, it's an awesome route for a drive. Good food too :thumbsup:

Great song too...
[video=youtube;vIx65Vb568M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIx65Vb568M[/video]

bfrench

Original poster
Jun 17, 2012
Ryda55555 said:
Could be very interested, what date do you have in mind?

It's open but for starters we could plan a late MAy Early June - whatever fits most of the group.

Later in June the vacation / tourist traffic begins to increase.

Ryda55555

Apr 11, 2013
bfrench said:
It's open but for starters we could plan a late MAy Early June - whatever fits most of the group.

Later in June the vacation / tourist traffic begins to increase.

Sounds good, im in college so im in school daily but when the time comes im pretty sure i could take a day off or figure something out lol
Just need to get the voy all ready for when the time comes haha

harmless

Nov 21, 2011
I'm in. Who, what, where, when and who's bringin' Garnet's cookies this time? :rotfl:

ANYONE who needs me to install mods has until this meet to get them done. :tongue:

Greg... hehe

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
harmless said:
I'm in. Who, what, where, when and who's bringin' Garnet's cookies this time? :rotfl:

ANYONE who needs me to install mods has until this meet to get them done. :tongue:

Greg... hehe

I'll bring the Oreo double stuffed for sure.....as a matter of fact I think triple stuffed are in order. I'm reminded of January when he picked me and my Ski-Doo up at Lake Wanapitei and took me back to North Bay!!!

Mmmmm triple stuffed :thumbsup:

Attachments

• images (1).jpg
    images (1).jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 99

CdnGMan

Nov 22, 2011
Toronto
I think it goes without saying that Canyonaro, the Missus and myself will be down for a meet & greet...

I think that the middle / end of May would be a good time, since that's before the "vacation season" in that area...

That also give me time to head up to Stef's for him to complete the unfinished work from last year... :raspberry:
I also need time in order for me to take a toothbrush to my engine bay - just so I can compete with DnD!!!

I'm thinking that a Saturday date would the best... thoughts??

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
CdnGMan said:
I think it goes without saying that Canyonaro, the Missus and myself will be down for a meet & greet...

I think that the middle / end of May would be a good time, since that's before the "vacation season" in that area...

That also give me time to head up to Stef's for him to complete the unfinished work from last year... :raspberry:
I also need time in order for me to take a toothbrush to my engine bay - just so I can compete with DnD!!!

I'm thinking that a Saturday date would the best... thoughts??

Ya, a Saturday is a good idea. May 20th is Victoria Day long weekend, so what about having the meet on Saturday May 25th or Saturday June 1st?

harmless

Nov 21, 2011
I've got nuttin' but time for the next 6 months (ish) so Imma good anytime.

Anytime anyone wants to visit too, for that matter... or just put me to work... :tongue:

bfrench

Original poster
Jun 17, 2012
OK Folks,

Let's set the date for 25 May with a rain date of 1 June

If we go that route we'll have to decide by Thursday 23 May if the 25th is going to be rained out.

Or go all out on the 25th regardless of weather.

CdnGMan

Nov 22, 2011
Toronto
Sounds like a plan Bill...

Many of us can / should meet up at Sherway Gardens in the morning and head out convoy style...
With any luck, Harmless may get another shot at the Elantra that simply smoked him last time... :rotfl:

In terms of a "sign-up" sheet, let's keep it simple...

1. bfrench
2. GMan + 1

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
CdnGMan said:
Sounds like a plan Bill...

Many of us can / should meet up at Sherway Gardens in the morning and head out convoy style...
With any luck, Harmless may get another shot at the Elantra that simply smoked him last time... :rotfl:

In terms of a "sign-up" sheet, let's keep it simple...

I'm in, May 25th, rain date June 1st :thumbsup: meet at Sherway is good idea too.

1. bfrench
2. GMan + 1
3. Denali n DOO

bfrench

Original poster
Jun 17, 2012
Denali n DOO said:
I'm in, May 25th, rain date June 1st :thumbsup: meet at Sherway is good idea too.

1. bfrench
2. GMan + 1
3. Denali n DOO

This is me being optimistic. :smile: :wootwoot:

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
bfrench said:
This is me being optimistic. :smile: :wootwoot:

I think we can fill them spaces and then some......I hope we can get some members from the US as well, that'd be awesome :thumbsup:

CdnGMan

Nov 22, 2011
Toronto
Denali n DOO said:
I think we can fill them spaces and then some......I hope we can get some members from the US as well, that'd be awesome :thumbsup:

I think that's being kinda optimistic, but there's no harm in inviting / including those that are close...
Don't forget that there are quite a few people who say that they're gonna attend, but never do... :hissyfit:

1. bfrench
2. GMan + 1
3. Denali n DOO
4. Ryder55555

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
CdnGMan said:
I think that's being kinda optimistic, but there's no harm in inviting / including those that are close...
Don't forget that there are quite a few people who say that they're gonna attend, but never do... :hissyfit:

1. bfrench
2. GMan + 1
3. Denali n DOO
4. Ryder55555

The bigger the party the more that will come, it could even start as a Hotel party Friday night :biggrin: NY an PA are pretty close too...:thumbsup:

bfrench

Original poster
Jun 17, 2012
Denali n DOO said:
The bigger the party the more that will come, it could even start as a Hotel party Friday night :biggrin: NY an PA are pretty close too...:thumbsup:

If that becomes the case there's a couple of grocery stores that have vehicles parked there on a Friday or Saturday during the summer 0 right on Lundy's Lane the main drag.

Fire06

Dec 18, 2011
Ok just heard about the thread of this big gathering of the trucks :wootwoot::wootwoot: Harmless I will speak to the OPP and Niagara Police to get all Elantras banned that weekend so that you and Harmless will not get smoked again :raspberry::raspberry: Sounds good barring and surprises I would love to come and meet and greet with all you guys. I will follow the thread and look for updates.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
Fire06 said:
Ok just heard about the thread of this big gathering of the trucks :wootwoot::wootwoot: Harmless I will speak to the OPP and Niagara Police to get all Elantras banned that weekend so that you and Harmless will not get smoked again :raspberry::raspberry: Sounds good barring and surprises I would love to come and meet and greet with all you guys. I will follow the thread and look for updates.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Perfect, but you forgot to update the list. So really now, about the Elantra, are you guys telling me that an Elantra beat an SS, or was the Elantra driver just a bit better? :raspberry: I just can't see an SS losing to an Elantra :confused:

1. bfrench
2. GMan + 1
3. Denali n DOO
4. Ryder55555
5. Fire06 :biggrin:

CdnGMan

Nov 22, 2011
Toronto
Denali n DOO said:
Perfect, but you forgot to update the list. So really now, about the Elantra, are you guys telling me that an Elantra beat an SS, or was the Elantra driver just a bit better? :raspberry: I just can't see an SS losing to an Elantra :confused:

Since I was a witness to this event, I can state without a doubt that this did in fact happen...

Now, I'm sure that Harmless will have a bevy of excuses / reasons as to why he was pwned by that car... it could be that Harmless is in fact "toothless", it could be the driver, it could be that someone was sneezing instead of watching, etc... I really don't know why it happened, but I know that it DID happen... :yes:

I'm going to leave him to tell HIS side of the story however... it's only fair... :rotfl:

Fire06

Dec 18, 2011
The only thing that matters is Toothless aka"Harmless" was blown away by a stock 1. nothing engine and was stompped. So I heard and I am sure that this is the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth.:raspberry::raspberry::wootwoot::wootwoot:

bfrench

Original poster
Jun 17, 2012
Hi, Folks,

Just a reminder from our last tour - walkie talkies - could you bring as many as you have.

Are they all on the same frequency - If I grab a pair from The Source will they be compatible????

CdnGMan

Nov 22, 2011
Toronto
bfrench said:
Hi, Folks,

Just a reminder from our last tour - walkie talkies - could you bring as many as you have.

Are they all on the same frequency - If I grab a pair from The Source will they be compatible????

That's a great point Bill!!! Those sure did come in handy last time...

Regarding the whole frequency thing, I have no clue... I'll defer to Harmless regarding that stuff... :wink:

I'd assume that if everyone were on the same channel, it should be fine though...

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
CdnGMan said:
That's a great point Bill!!! Those sure did come in handy last time...

Regarding the whole frequency thing, I have no clue... I'll defer to Harmless regarding that stuff... :wink:

I'd assume that if everyone were on the same channel, it should be fine though...

I might not have a cell phone, i know lol :rotfl: , but I do have a pair of those radios...is that so we can let Harmless know there is an Elantra approaching from the back of the pack :crackup:

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
:bump:

Who else is coming? It's gonna be a great day :thumbsup:

1. bfrench
2. GMan + 1
3. Denali n DOO
4. Ryder55555
5. Fire06

harmless

Nov 21, 2011
1. bfrench
2. GMan + 1
3. Denali n DOO
4. Ryder55555
5. Fire06
6. harmless :cool:

You guys are relentless. We dealt with this elantra shit LAST year!!! :raspberry: And in all fairness, it passed Greg FIRST then zipped by me. Definately had a running start. Harmless isn't toothless. His driver is just cautious. There's no reason to drive like a dork while doing 130KM/H.

That said, any grey elantras found burning on the road *may*, *may* just be caused by me looking for that one dork for revenge... :rotfl:

Bill - them FRS Radios can be configured to any channel (I think they have 50 of them available) and 255 sub channels... So yeah, just get some FRS Radios from crappy tire or the source and you're golden. If anyone else has a set, bring those too.

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
Spike said:
I'm in. I would love to go cruze Niagara! Allways a blast!

Right on Spike! This is coming together nicely...:thumbsup:

1. bfrench
2. GMan + 1
3. Denali n DOO
4. Ryder55555
5. Fire06
6. harmless
7. Spike

mrphoenix80

Jan 1, 2013
I would love to come up but..... I don't know if I could get across the border. Sounds like a ton of fun. I will have to look into getting my papers in order.:crazy:

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
mrphoenix80 said:
I would love to come up but..... I don't know if I could get across the border. Sounds like a ton of fun. I will have to look into getting my papers in order.:crazy:

Ya I hear ya, that's whats stopping me from going south to the meets, the damn border crossing...I do believe I'll be getting a passport before December tho cuz I just found something else cheaper in the States, snowmobile full season trail pass our prices $260 Ontario and go figure Michigan is only $50.00. I hope to meet you at a meet sometime in the future...

Hey Northcreek, I believe your close to the border, come join us. I'm not sure who else is close enough but we'd love to have ya at the meet. I'd like to see bfrench's Niagara River Run become an Annual International Meet, and with a Sticky too :thumbsup:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timmerk

Members Online