new tow hook install :)

03TB93

Original poster
Mar 25, 2012
hey guys i just put this new Warn tow hook on the rear section. not really sure why to be honest lol. i had it laying around and wanted to use it for something. it more for looks thatn anything.. not that its very noticable. let me know what u think :thumbsup:

p.s. this is my first time posting pics on here so not sure if they will show up.. Thanks!

Attachments

• 0328121213.jpg
    0328121213.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 187
  • 0328121213a.jpg
    0328121213a.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 188

03TB93

Original poster
Mar 25, 2012
Trailshaman said:
Nice how did you mount it?

thanks man. and i welded it. that part doesnt look so good lol

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
03TB93 said:
...not really sure why to be honest...
You stumped me,too. :confused:

It will reduce your departure angle if you ever go offroad, and therefore compromise safety. Having the hook open downward is totally useless functionally, and people are going to point at you and laugh. Please don't embarrass us that way. :frown: :redface:

What real offroaders use is this in the receiver:

View attachment 19922

Attachments

• s7_520417_999_01.jpg
    s7_520417_999_01.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 179

kardain

Dec 16, 2011
the roadie said:
You stumped me,too. :confused:

It will reduce your departure angle if you ever go offroad, and therefore compromise safety. Having the hook open downward is totally useless functionally, and people are going to point at you and laugh. Please don't embarrass us that way. :frown: :redface:

Not totally useless... It will make a good roadkill catcher facing that direction.

navigator

Dec 3, 2011
03TB93 said:
thanks man. and i welded it. that part doesnt look so good lol
ugly welds on an extraction point scare me, makes me thing about steel projectiles flying through the air under heavy load.

03TB93

Original poster
Mar 25, 2012
lol i see your guys point and respect them. But! as i did say, it is more for looks than anything, as i rarely go off roading let alone steep hils,, and apparently it doesnt look good either. lol i have a 2wd EXT which is possibly the WORSTTTTT off road vehicle ever. ha so thanks for the feedback guys, i appreciate the feedback and thought it might be a cool idea. but, not everything can look good. simpler is somethimes better. :thumbsup:

navigator said:
ugly welds on an extraction point scare me, makes me thing about steel projectiles flying through the air under heavy load.

and navigator.. i completly agree with that. id just use the hitch reciver to pull anything :thumbsup:

Old Coot

Jan 2, 2013
Thanks for the welcome roadie. Yes, I just signed up and just purchased the Trailblazer on Dec. 31, 2012. It won't be long and we'll have a week under our belt with the old girl. I traded a 2007 Dodge Caaravan for a 2003 Trailblazer. My knees need to be replaced and getting in and out of the Caravan had gotten nearly impossible, hence, the trade. We like it so far. It has 106K on the odometer and everything seems nice and tight on the body.

As for the carrier landings, I think the ABS will be useful if the welding is as lame as the OP suggests. It would certainly be a great way of getting empirical data on the comfort ride suspension.

Boog2006 said:
Yeah that's gonna be hell on the front end.

Boy, I'll say. I wonder if the airbags will deploy? Man, these things are versatile. If you go over the side the airbags will keep you floating until the crane is brought around to pluck you out of the sea.

AV8ER

Apr 19, 2012
the roadie said:
Welcome, Coot! The angle of attack would be pretty extreme for an EXT.

View attachment 11607

Is the AOA more on a EXT than a SWB? I don't see the hook being that useful but it is pretty cool anyways

Wooluf1952

Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Put hydraulics on that TB.
Raise the front, drop the back and go plow the back forty.:wootwoot:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online