new remote start

06envoydenali

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
whats up guys.
I have auto start on the truck, i recently dropped my keys and shattered the display on the device and it no longer works. Has this happened to anyone? if so did you get a new remote and was it relatively easy/inexpensive? :thumbsup:

Decembersend

Dec 3, 2011
06envoydenali said:
whats up guys.
I have auto start on the truck, i recently dropped my keys and shattered the display on the device and it no longer works. Has this happened to anyone? if so did you get a new remote and was it relatively easy/inexpensive? :thumbsup:

I have a Viper w/remote start. I accidentally took the fob with me in the ocean and oops dead lmao. I thought that I would have to replace the remote myself being that it was my fault, so I started looking at new ones the replacement cost for mine were $50 but that wasn't one with an LCD so I can't help you there sorry. In the end I talked to the shop that installed it and he warrantied it out and programming from what I can remember was realitively simple.

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
umm what kind of starter do you have? Your looking for the fob right?

CaptainXL

Dec 4, 2011
06envoydenali said:
whats up guys.

It sounds like you have a 2-way fob which could be over $100 depending on where you find one. I would check eBay and check Autostarts website and see who your nearest dealer is and se if they have any laying around.

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
CaptainXL said:
It sounds like you have a 2-way fob which could be over $100 depending on where you find one. I would check eBay and check Autostarts website and see who your nearest dealer is and se if they have any laying around.

mine would cost me $150 to replace it so they are costly as hell!

06envoydenali

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
I have an automate remote (i think is the old name of viper,might be wrong). It was a pretty technical remote with many options, so I was assuming it wasn't going to be a inexpensive buy. however, is it possible to buy a product other then automate and have it programed to my autostart set up?

CaptainXL

Dec 4, 2011
06envoydenali said:
I have an automate remote (i think is the old name of viper,might be wrong). It was a pretty technical remote with many options, so I was assuming it wasn't going to be a inexpensive buy. however, is it possible to buy a product other then automate and have it programed to my autostart set up?

Are you saying that the remote fob is an Automate but the remote start system is an Autostart?

Not sure if it's really a Viper but if it is then you can get a relatively cheap 1 way Viper remote on eBay and program it yourself.

Go here and search for a remote. https://www.directedstore.com/interface.asp?page=search&step=system

06envoydenali

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
CaptainXL said:
Are you saying that the remote fob is an Automate but the remote start system is an Autostart?

Not sure if it's really a Viper but if it is then you can get a relatively cheap 1 way Viper remote on eBay and program it yourself.

Go here and search for a remote. https://www.directedstore.com/interface.asp?page=search&step=system

the fob and auto start kit is made buy the company automate, well at least thats what the fob and the manual says, i checked ebay but nothing similar. It would be great if i could find the same/similar remote, but i really don't mind. As long as the new one is an easy program; im gunna keep my eye out on ebay. Thanks everyone:thumbsup:

CaptainXL

Dec 4, 2011
06envoydenali said:
It would be great if i could find the same/similar remote

You can get a new remote from Directed. Thats why i gave you the link. Give them a call. It's gonna cost you unless you have some mad negotiating skills. Peace...

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph5432

Members Online